(deleted1)

therefore my former thinking about

You can simple stop all running applications and check “windows services menu” for service which you can stop for a test.

I’m having very similar issues, but mine started after the Japan update, and GREATLY escalated after the UK Update. There does seem to be about a 30 second interval between the pauses I am getting as well, and it also sometimes resets the throttle and the propeller settings mid flight (fun on a landing, of course).

It has gotten so bad that I really cannot even use the sim anymore. It happens on EVERY flight, and many times. I have tried every possible thing to fix it, and I’ve submitted msinfo and dxdiag’s to zendesk.

Something is very wrong.

but you can

???

Nope can’t use it anymore AS INTENDED, MMA. Cannot complete a flight without a complete long pause that ruins the experience. I think you know what I meant. And it’s even happening on menu screens as well, so it doesn’t even have to be during a flight.

it just a question if you everwhere mention (e.g.) you can not use the sim , but made 9h achivments :wink:

The

points to another issue… possible usb hub or so…

Disconnecting/Connecting a USB device does result in the UI becoming stuck for a few moments.

If you are using a USB hub, make sure it’s a powered one, otherwise, make sure your USB devices are plugged directly into the back of your computer. You can easily overload the USB ports on the front of your case or through any sort of pass-through (like the ones you get on monitors or keyboards).

I learned this recently as I have a Corsair HS60 haptic headset, and it was overloading the USB port resulting in random disconnects, as I had it connected through the pass-through slot on my keyboard.

Keeping things on-topic, I hope you can figure this out Vograx. It appears to me that it’s a software issue outwith the sim itself :thinking:

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

OK, I think I have Finally figured out my particular issue, anyway…

I had some chipset drivers (probably the M.2 SSD Drivers) that were somehow uninstalled, or not installed properly, so I reinstalled all the latest chipset drivers from my MoBo, and…well…so far, my problem has been rectified. I have now flown two 20 " flights with only the smallest of a pause (less than 3-4 seconds). This is a dramatic difference.

I suppose the subpar drivers were somehow accessing the M.2 at particular intervals and not efficiently for R/W thoroughput, but, i’m sure there are resource programmers here who can articulate those things much better than can I.

So, if you haven’t done it…it could be worth a shot for you.

Excellent! I’m mega happy to hear you sorted it out! It never even occurred to me to suspect something like a VPN. Software is a real mystery sometimes!

Glad you got it sorted :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well, don’t know if this applies to anyone else here, but it changed my life and put years back on after 2 months of frustration:

I have an HP Reverb G2 that was (keyword : “Was”) plugged into my Asrock Z490 Taichi’s USB-C onboard port, and it stayed plugged in even though I was sometimes flying without VR.

I discovered that I could fix all of my pauses by using the HP G2’s included USB-C to USB3 adapter, and plugging into a well powered USB 3 port instead. Somehow, the power from the MoBo to that little USB-C port was getting cut and was causing all my issues.

I literally flew for 4 hours yesterday, with tears in my eyes, pushing my VR to the limits, and it was all butter!

Hope this may help someone else here. MSFS 2020 is an amazing piece of software, and obviously all my problems were hardware related.

Hey, glad you figured it out, i have exactly the same issue, a stutter every EXACT 30secs. But i cant dind the tool you mentioned, can you give me a link please? Thanks

EDIT: i guess you meant Procmon.exe?

Thanks, ifigured my issue out, its in conjunction with lvars and spad.next. I already reached out to the spad.next dev.

Thanks it’s solve my stutter too !

Right - given me some clues to why the same thing happens to me, luckily only once or twice a session, not every 30 seconds (!). When it happens to me the warning sound from Windows of a device being disconnected sounds off - puzzling because of course I’m not actually disconnecting anything. But the mention of the USB socket has given me a clue - I’ve got a number of “extras” plugged in via USB sockets, will check them all and maybe get rid of a couple.

Hello. I have a suspicion that my recent CTD are being caused by Spad. What response did you get from Spad about your issues?

He put an update out very fast that fixed the issue. The spad discord is the way to go if you can prove it really is a spad issue.

I can’t prove anything at this point. Trying to gather as much information about what could cause CTD, which is pretty much anything. I’m particularly frustrated by the recent CTD because I can’t figure out what changed for this to start happening.

what is eventviewer saying?

Vulcan can cause that problelm also, if you have sliders on your game stick try moving them around ?..

Generic fault with flightsimulator.exe.