1-2 FPS - Game has Broken!

94% of physical memory used no need to look to anything else - That is the only limit your system has and the reason of all you in terms of performance

I have been on 16gb of ram and going to 32gb
only reduced stuttering and occasional, 1 to 3 seconds lag but the sim was playable

I should be receiving my extra 16gb of RAM either today or Monday. Will install it and see what happens.

I suspect that isn’t the issue though as the sim was working previously on high graphics with the same amount of RAM as it’s not now working on low graphics.

1 Like

I just started having this problem last night. Power went off then on and my computer cut mid flight. Now everytime I apply power I get 1-2 fps

2 Likes

Can you be more specific.
I understand that the power failed in mid-flight, but what do you mean by “when I apply power I get 1-2 fps”?
Describe, as best you can, exactly what is happening.

So you saying you getting good FPS with a cold and dark start still?

@AndyTheMighty can you see if this is any different? From your previous screenshot I see you spawn started on the runway already.

1 Like

Hey Dronkey,

Interesting question. So when I start cold and dark, it runs a beautifully smooth 50-60fps. That is UNTIL I reach the runway (same place as when starting on runway). It then drops completely to the same fps etc.

This then made me wonder if there was an issue with that “area” of the world. The area I was using for my “control”. So I quitted and launched again from a different airport. Everything running at 55-60fps even in “High End” graphics mode.

I have no idea what is going on. But I am hopeful that as long as I dont use that airport, everything will be ok. Plus doubling my RAM in the next day or so which should help.

Can I just say thank you to all of you who helped. What an awesome community. :smiley:

2 Likes

Can you and @FightingCord520 maybe give exact details off the airport and runway, and time of day/weather if it matters?

If others can repro too, then we actually have a good bug report.

Yes it’s day time (various times) and clear skies, no weather. It’s at airport YCBG (Cambridge Tasmainia). Mine was enroute to YMLT (Launceston) in a Cessna 172 Skyhawk.

It’s worth noting that after my successful flight earlier, I went back to the same airport (as above) to test it out, and the same thing happened.

Ok, getting exactly the same. Not caused by excessive simobjects, not sure what is going on.

@AndyTheMighty Hey! Sorry that you’re having this issue, but I’m glad there are so many helpful folks!
I tried to recreate the problem at YCBG. But I don’t see any significant drop in FPS. Look at the screenshots below. One at the ramp- cold and dark, another after start-up, and then at the runway threshold. I tried all of the runways too.
I’m using mods/liveries, etc. Live weather. But no mods specific to the airport.

It seems to happen just before you get on runway 30, not 32.

I also noted, I dont get grass next to the runways like you. All my settings are maxed.

I tried all the rwys (inc 30), but I’ll try only 30 again in a bit.
Could you share screenshots of your graphic settings, might be helpful to compare with?

Everything Ultra, 100% render resolution, 3440x1440, no AI, air traffic or road traffic or airport traffic.

And I do get grass if I turn off Bing, but manipulators still going crazy on runway 30.

Below images taken on runway 32. No issues there.

Bing off:

Bing on:

I checked again on RWY30, starting from cold and dark, and taxiing to 30. I don’t see any performance issues, don’t know what’s different at your end.

Reg the grass, this time around, it wasn’t as grassy although I had my Bing data turned on earlier too. I also noticed something weird- using the drone, at a certain height, the grass appears/disappears.

I get it reliably just spawning on runway 30. In fact, it looks like the game hangs when loading into it but recovers after a minute or 2. But then manipulators are crazy already.

Spawning onto runway 32, no issue, no hanging while loading, no manipulators going crazy.

The grass seems to be some graphic setting I guess. Looking at google/bing, it seems there are a lot of dirt around the runways. Pity the dirt looks so bad :expressionless:

Haha, yeah! The disparity between what you see on Bing and the sim… and then Google Earth… Well…

I see this now. Trying to spawn directly on to 30 does cause issues. In fact, the sim just hangs for me, and GPU usage goes to zero after a point.

1 Like