Game kicks me out of multiplayer intermittently

Hi guys!

I feel like I have tried everything and are now out of ideas. I’m on PC using the Microsoft Store version of the game.

Whenever I try to play multiplayer, either in a closed group or on open lobby the game kicks me out/disconnects after anywhere between 5-20 minutes, making all players disappear from my screen. I can’t see them and they can no longer see me. It’s almost as if the connection is timing out. I am fairly certain that this is an issue on my end, but can’t figure it out. If I esc-out to the menu, and select another server, and then re-select the server I was on the game will eventually reconnect. Then it happens again in another 5-20 minutes.

I am guessing that since I am logged in to the game with my Xbox gamertag, it uses the Xbox network for multiplayer. Therefore I have spent the last couple of days fiddling around with the Teredo-interface on my computer, making sure it’s enabled and up. I have configured my router to use UPnP and IPv6 tunneling. I can see that I have an active tunnel in the router, and that the Teredo-interface is up and running on my device. Going to Settings → Xbox Networking, everything is fine. Services up and running, packet loss 0%, NAT type open and server connectivity says connected.

Still, I can’t enjoy multiplayer in MSFS. I have tried common things like using generic models for multiplayer aircraft, disabling AI- and live traffic, running the game as administrator etc. The behavior is still the same.

Other titles that I suspect is using the same networking, such as Forza Motorsport, is working fine. Rarely a problem. So yeah, this leads me to believe that this is a MSFS specific networking issue. Maybe it’s an compatibility issue between the game and my hardware, who knows.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Or maybe have any ideas? Anything would be greatly appreciated!

/JP

Do you get a message or does the AI/ LT & MP just disappear?
I had the same (or similar) issue yesterday. All other planes disappeared without a message, but appeared again after a few seconds several times. I didn’t switch servers or check its status or my connection at this time, cause i flew alone and didn’t mind. But especially with a group it should be stable, without discussion.
Did it reconnect only after reselect the server? A few months ago I had the same issue while in a group flight, where I experienced it reconnected faster when I just waited instead reselect the server.

Did it reconnect only after reselect the server? A few months ago I had the same issue while in a group flight, where I experienced it reconnected faster when I just waited instead reselect the server.

No, I have to manually jump servers for it reconnect. It wont do it on its own.

Do you get a message or does the AI/ LT & MP just disappear?

AI/LT stays, but other players just disappear all at the same time with no warning or message. Which is why this is so frustrating :sweat_smile:

A similar thing happened twice with a friend and me. Strangely, everything is working fine on my end. However, he is constantly being dropped. His session is very jerky - pauses quite a bit, and drops him a lot. The second time we tried though, he only got dropped once, and we attempted to continue the flight. After about 5-10 minutes, everything smoothed out, and the rest of the flight went without a problem. We weren’t flying from a high-density area, so scenery couldn’t have been it. He has a pretty good system, and we checked his display settings, most of which are set at MEDIUM.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.