Garmin G1000 NXi Issues and Support

Yes, that’s where I looked, but first, the “Nearest” got me all bunch of unrelated airports, and then when I scrolled to KBOS it won’t give me anything… I was using my dual-encoder control box setup, which makes is very easy to scroll through the menus, but maybe in that particular menu, it wouldn’t do the right thing? I could scroll to KBOS but pressing the ENT button didn’t get me the frequency info. I got the outer and inner encoder and its click mapped to my outer/inner/click, and MENU, CLR, ENT, FPL, PROC, and DIR buttons mapped. I couldn’t get the info page out of those buttons and encoder combo… Maybe If I knew the exact sequence I could understand why…

For everything else, I can scroll through G1000 pages, click in with encoder, scroll and change the values (see my video, I built it all for minimal budget) and pretty much do everything the hardware does. It covers the full GNS530 functionality, but with G1000 the bottom row of 12 buttons is the only thing not mapped, I think. Though it’s mostly not needed once it’s set up properly once.