Garmin GNS430/530...Version numbers dont match

I just download the GNS430/530 from the marketplace. The graphics in my Content manage indicates that the downloaded version is 1.1.4.
However, when starting up the GPS 530 in my Piper Arrow aircraft, the second splash screen has a line that reads WT 1.1.2.
Is that just a mess up with the GPS splash screen not being updated or am I running 1.1.2 while the Content manager says I own WT 1.1.4.
There are a lot of functions in the AUX section that do not work as they do in Reality XP on the Xplane version of the Piper Arrow.

yes --The new WT/MSFS “js” version is not quite a 1:1 with the “real thing” as originally expected to be, but if WT had used the “Real Thing” ( Garmin Trainer ), that would have been considered to be “Cheating” . :wink:

Understood. Dont want to cheat like Reality XP did.

So am I running 1.1.4 even though the startup screen shows WT 1.1.2?

So, the 1.1.4 version from the marketplace is just the version that points 3rd party planes that come with the standard GNS to the WT GNS. Version 1.1.2 is the WT GNS that is included in the base sim planes. IIRC the piper arrow now comes with the WT GNS as a standard, so it would be using version 1.1.2.

That makes sense.
However I did get this response from Simon at JF Support concerning the version numbers. So you can see my confusion when there is different information being sent out. Now he mentions version WT 1.1.3 which causes more confusion since this is the first I have seen a mention of that 1.1.3 version. My content manager shows 1.1.4 after I downloaded the freeware,

That’s a good question and depends on the Working Title GNS. So the version numbers shown on screen do seem to be buggy or wrong.

If you check the content manager the 1.1.2 now shows 1.1.3 by default since SU12 and version 1.1.4 is the free download version. 1.1.4 should be the version thats used if you have that installed despite it saying v1.1.2 on the GNS loading screen (that seems to be a bug with the WT GNS).

Yea, so the marketplace version 1.1.4 you see in content manager is not an actual WT GNS unit. It is just a couple lines of code that are used to point other planes that don’t include it to the actual WT GNS unit.