Garmin GNS430W and GNS530W Issues and Support

For some reason a number of third parties are not using the standard GNS screen pixel dimensions. The new GNS due to the visual accuracy requires usage of the standard GNS pixel dimensions.

2 Likes

Is there a way to adjust that?

yes, there is:

go to “Community\pmdg-aircraft-dc6\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG DC-6A\panel” and “Community\pmdg-aircraft-dc6\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG DC-6B\panel”

edit the [VCockpit08] section of the panel.cfg file in both directories like this:

[VCockpit08]
size_mm=350,190
pixel_size=350,190
texture=AS430_Screen
background_color=0,0,0

htmlgauge00=NavSystems/GPS/AS430/AS430.html, 0,0,350,190

and you’re done!!

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I still cant fly since the gyropilot is now bugged and the pitch wheel doesnt work anymore but once all that has been fixed im looking forward to flying the better GNS430.

1 Like

Maybe a stupid question: but where do you activate the traffic? I just can’t get the traffic to show up - always just “standby”, thanks for the help :slight_smile:

update: ok, it really was a stupid question - I checked it out

For some reason i cant select runways, approaches, arrivals etc via the procedures page, its like there is no database or something. Anyone know a fix ? this is with the new working title 530 that just came out.

@ slackpanda1878

Hello,

if you see my previous posts, WT530W still has many problems so really it’s not clear to me why you don’t use stock one.

Will you be publishing a changelog during the development cycle?

I am curious to know what changed in yesterday’s update!

(And, again, a big thank you WT & MS for making all your incredible upgrades a part of the core sim!)

I am able to select Departures and Approach’s

Sorry all, it’s been a crazy few days! Forgot to post the update changelog. Here you go:

Working Title GNS v1.0.1

Additions

• Added backcourse/rev mode to autopilot.
  • Added panel.xml support to disable autopilot nav mode arming .
  • Added panel.xml support to disable autopilot backcourse mode .
  • Added panel.xml support for independent flight director .

Changes

• Removed unused wind indicator options from map setup page.
  • Removed the traffic failed banner indicator from the GNS traffic map.
  • Autopopulate two-character prefixes for waypoint selection outside US
  • Terrain map now uses the new Garmin relative terrain colors (red at 100 feet below aircraft instead of 500 feet).
  • Fixed event handling causing some buttons to be INOP on third-party aircraft.
  • Fixed satellite initialization screen freeze when at a negative altitude.
  • Fixed issue with the incorrect approach preview being displayed on the PROC APPROACH page.
  • Fixed rounding bug with some frequencies in the com/nav frequency pane.
  • Fixed issue with World Map flight plans that include airways.
  • Fixed issues with LOAD and ACTIVATE options on the PROC APPROACH page.
  • Fixed issue where closing Aux Setup Page 2 would result in a blank screen.
  • Fixed issue where the VNAV page altitude was focused when opening the page.
  • Fixed issue with the map where indicated heading/gyro drift could impact the depiction of traffic and the own ship icon.
  • Fixed issue where VOR frequencies listed on Nearest VOR Page could not be selected or set to the standby NAV frequency.
  • Fixed issue where the wrong leg could be selected for a direct to existing if the same fix/icao existed twice in the flight plan.
  • Fixed issue where going direct to a flight plan leg that was previously active in OBS mode would cause an incorrect direct to leg to be rendered.
9 Likes

On 2 different occasions the flight plan disappeared from the 530. It switched to Direct To.??

Hi Matt and thnx for excellent work,

somehow I failed check news here and did install GNS530W today again after while, with my Carenado Seneca. Perfect, GNS430 working ok now, very appreciated. If I could only report again some still existing bug (no big problem inside flight) what cover avionics what I have now for test - GTN750, your GNS530W but looks like still not stock GNS where its working ok. Example: that was second flight after land at airport, delete FPL via menu and set new one, take off from airport and during SID 2-nd leg isn’t executed. Nothing special, I set DCT as solution in this case and all is going ok. So simply, 2-nd leg within SID with 2-nd flight (after landed and not go to Main menu). I can say, very nice this GNS530W but if I can ask also next thing, passed leg of FPL is deleted from MAP so no complete FPL legs visible, is this as it will work as final version? Really I don’t know about real device in this case :wink: Thnx again for your work…

MSFS version of GNS 430/530 NAV FD button doesn’t work.
in Beta 1.29.30.0, The flightsim.to version pms50-gns530 works correctly
win11, Carenedo-pc-12

eeeeehm sry,

you’re still on Beta??? Sry, I’m missing something?

There’s currently a beta running.

Yes, beta is still active

Did you install the latest version from Working Title (available in the Marketplace for free)?

Yes i did and removed pms50-gns530 out the community folder

Ok moving this to the Official Support thread.

Per our notes on the Marketplace description, not all functions are guaranteed to work on third party aircraft. Third parties may need to update their aircraft to get the new GNS to work.

That’s really one of the primary reasons for the Marketplace early access, to give third party developers an opportunity to use newer and more appropriate variables and events for stuff like CDIs and autopilot.

1 Like