Garmin navigation systems (430,530,1000,3000) frozen/broken

So. @TheSevenflyer @skypilotYTS

Deleted garmin mods: same problem

Deleted all mod; empty community folder: same problem

Any idea where the systems are located in Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\ ?

Deleted Asobo-vcockpits-instruments-navsystems. Got prompted with a 3.41mib download. After loading in I got prompted with a 2.41Gib download. Downloading now and will see if it makes difference.

1 Like

The 430/530 GPS are located in the Official, One Store folder, in “Asobo-vcockpits-instruments-navsystems”, “html_ui”. click through that folder untill you get to VCockpit\Instruments\NavSystems.
In there you will see GPS, they are in that.

1 Like

No solution, the GNS430/530 systems are completely broken :frowning:

both the updates and reinstalling the navsystems folder had no effect :thinking:

Delete Content.xml and let the sim rebuild it since you had Mods previously installed.

Did so. Restarted the sim and no effect. @CasualClick

To be clear: the map moves and the only functional button is CDI. the rest is broken. no changing of frequencies or adding flight plans.

Which plane is it in?

all planes using the GNS430, GNS530, G1000 and G3000.

basically all glass cockpits have become unresponsive apart from the airbus and boeings.

I feel like there is something very wrong with the navsystems folder even though it has been redownloaded now many times.

no mods enabled.

Go to Steam.
Uncheck the sync to cloud option for MSFS (I’m not sure of the exact wording)
Go to the SystemAppData folder in the main installation and remove it (paste it somewhere else so you can restore it if this doesn’t work, as this contains all your settings).
Try sim.
If all is good shut down sim, recheck the synch option.

Thanks for the advice. I’ve been digging in my folders but can’t find any SystemAppData folder. Any idea where it could be? google wasn’t much of a help.

Try in here:
x:\Steam\userdata[your Steam ID]\1250410`

these are the contents of the folder:

no SystemAppData, weird

That is the correct folder.
Remove that and do as above.

did so, sadly no effect :frowning:

really unsure what it could be, never had problems

I’ll stick to steam gauges in the meantime

1 Like

Give this a read and see what you think.

1 Like

did exactly as described. sadly no joy again :thinking:

thanks for your help, I’ll uninstall the game and reinstall it again. see if that does it

1 Like

Hello. Did you resolve you problem regarding to GPS 430,500? I have the same problem and can’t fly all planes equipped with them . Thanks

There are a number of thing to try, start at the top of this thread and duplicate what was done.
Let us know how you make out.

Hi Samescroll72316,

Only way to fix it for me was to do a complete reinstall of the game. Took about 18 hours :confused:

Haven’t found any other way to fix it.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. Since I am only a computer user, a old one I mean, I do prefer reinstall again. :neutral_face: