Garmin NXI - Altitude Selection (set to 1000ft, not 100ft)

Hi, as per the title, is it psosilbe to set the altitude increment to 1000ft rather than 100ft on the Garmin NXI (I’m in the C208 but i assume this shouldn’t matter). I have tried doing a search but all I can find is the info for the G1000 which obviously has a separate selector knob.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Could do with a keybind that toggles between 100ft and 1000ft increments so it could be used on all avionics. Must be a common enough requirement?

The WT G1000 NXI has always used the large ALT knob to change in 1000 feet increments and the small ALT knob to change in 100 feet increments.

Are you seeing something different?

The 208 uses a different AP panel that eliminates the coax knobs found on planes like the 172, so no, there is no 1000’ increment on that particular plane.

@mikeyharris1981, if you load up the stock 172, you’ll find the coax knobs for altitude select on the bottom-left of the Garmin MFD. The outer knob is 1000’, with the inner working in 100’ jumps.

I fly the DA62X that also has the coax knobs and did not realize that a Garmin NXI would not always have them.

The official Garmin.com Cockpit Reference Gude for the Caravan SSV 2499.08 Revision B Dec 2018 190-02139-01 states this on page 2 (PDF page 28):

SETTING THE SELECTED ALTITUDE
Turn the ALT SEL Knob to set the Selected Altitude in 100-ft increments.
If set, the Minimum Descent Altitude/Decision Height (MDA/DH) value is also
available for the Selected Altitude.
When the altimeter is configured for metric overlay, the selected altitude is adjusted
in approximately 33-meter increments.

Nothing about any option to change that to 1000-foot increments, so It looks like it always will require a lot of turning, unfortunately.

Thanks for the responses. I realise now that it isn’t the G1000 but it is a real shame you can’t adjust to 1000ft. I feel like I spend half my life turning that knob! haha