Garmin OBS Mode not working

Hi,

After the latest sim update, I was able to use OBS mode on a previous flight and change the course so I could plot a magenta line to a runway heading to make a nice entry.

However, now I went back to use it and its greyed out.

Any ideas why? I am using latest working title G1000/G3000 mods.

Maybe I am missing something obvious…

Make sure the CDI is getting its input from the GPS.

1 Like

Also make sure you have a flight plan loaded, even if it’s just a direct to. It won’t do anything without that.

Flight plan is loaded and CDI is on magenta GPS mode, and obs button greyed out still…

Did you by any chance have the community folder empty the first time it worked? The WT G1000 hasn’t been updated for 1.14.5.0 yet, so putting it back in the community folder would overwrite the newer MS/Asobo version.

1 Like

Is there an OBS mode on the Garmin 3000?

There’s supposed to be, but it hasn’t been enabled by either Asobo or WT. The working OBS in the stock G1000 is the reason I’ve removed the WT version of that one too. The engine and system pages in the WT G1000 are nice, but they’re not enough to make me give up the OBS in the stock panel.

1 Like

Hopefully parity will be restored with the next sim update. WT already have the code, it needs to be integrated.

There seems that the OBS cannot be selected on the WT G3000, am I correct.

You are correct. The only G series system where that works is the stock G1000. The WT G1000 doesn’t have this feature yet either.

1 Like

Using the garmin 3000, when en-route from point A halfway to point B how do you set a course to point C to be active only following arrival at point B…not to bring me immediately off route to go directly to C?

If you’re in FMC mode, you don’t. It’s automatic when you reach point B.

I should have added…point C is not set at the same time as I inputted the flight to go to point B, it’s an after thought while en-route to B. So once I set C it immediately takes me off route on my way to B and takes me to C.

It sounds like you’re using the Direct-To function. You should be able to pull up the flightplan on the touch screen and input another waypoint in the list instead of the Direct method. I always just fly straight A to B flights that I set up in the World Map, so I don’t have any real experience in those parts of the controls.

Yes the original flight plan is direct-to and I do believe there is a way to insert an additional waypoint after the last leg of the current flight plan…will work on it a bit more, thanks for your input.