Geforce=Free & allows you to record your flights

Water makes you wet if you get it on you as well lol

Just a note - while Nvidia doesn’t charge you to use GEForce Experience, like so much else these days, it isn’t free. It monitors you and reports back to Nvidia. Anyone interested should read the EULA.

I stopped using GEForce when it got invasive. At least we still can decline it.

OBS or El Gato. Nvidia can pound sand.

welcome to 2015

3 Likes

it’s a tinfoil world…

If you’re not doing anything illegal, who cares? This sim tracks where you fly - it has to in order to stream the right scenery. Crash into the Pentagon more than once and see if the NSA isn’t all over your internet traffic. Got a smart phone? How many people at either Apple or Google now have 24/7 access to your daily life? You say you turned off all that stuff that lets them see what you do, but how do you know for sure it’s off. It used to be that you could pop the back off your phone and pull the battery. Not anymore. Gee - I wonder why…

Personally, I don’t care. I’m not embarrassed about where I go or what I do. If Pichai Sundararajan wants to see which clubs I go to, I’ll invite him along. I’ll even introduce him to my favorite drop-dead-gorgeous bartender!

It probably monitors what you’re recording, the performance rate, your hardware configuration, the settings you use, etc2 that all related to the recording itself.

It doesn’t record your browsing history or any financial transactions and saves your bank account and pin numbers to be sold to third-parties.

I’m also very conscious about my privacy of course, but in this day and age, there’s no way you can go with completely private or completely open. If you want to be completely private, don’t use any digital device, no phones, no TV, no bank account. Make sure you’re paid in cash when you work, and spend them in cash as well and live alone in a lead-lined faraday cage cave reading a paper book.

That being said, in these days and age, there are some things that we have to be willing to share in order to use their services. And we use the controls that we have to minimise all that we can, but not too much that we stopped ourselves from using a specific service.

You could always wear a Che Guevara beret, fake beard and aviators while streaming.

And that’s the beauty of it - you can choose to allow whatever monitoring Nvidia wants to do and I don’t have to. Call it tinfoil all you want. There are reasons they allow monitoring in the EULA - they collect and use information and stats about you. Some anonymously and some not. If you don’t mind it or throw up your hands and feel helpless to stop it, you can allow it. I’ll not call you names or make fun of your choices.

You guys would do well to start reading EULAs because your responses imply you don’t. Yep, there’s stuff it needs to collect and then there’s stuff it doesn’t. They state immediately before the following that they collect personally identifiable information.

“Information collected by the SOFTWARE includes, but is not limited to, CUSTOMER SYSTEM’S (i) hardware configuration and ID, (ii) operating system and driver configuration, (iii) installed games and applications, (iv) games and applications settings, performance, and usage data, and (iv) usage metrics of the SOFTWARE.”

The fun bit is “but is not limited to”. That allows them to monitor anything they want. The list is just the stuff they are going to monitor. Some dismissing this as much ado about nothing would do well to read other EULAs - especially Facebook’s. They even get to collect and monitor your movements during gameplay if you use their VR headsets.

Laugh if you want but the threats to privacy are real. Certainly much of the information they collect is harmless but as you guys get older you may learn that not everyone respects your rights or privacy. As huge amounts of data are amassed about you, there is more and more danger someone will use it to their advantage.

It’s your choice on letting Nvidia (or other companies) monitor what you like to do and tying that to you, individually, for your lifetime. There’s no way that could ever come back to haunt you even though companies now rifle through your social media before hiring you. No way any games you play now could reflect poorly on you later or be lightning rods of public opinion.

Yeah, have the same issue. Thats why i use OBS, gives you more options to play with.

1 Like

I think social media poses a bigger threat to privacy over collecting statistics. People take photos, post them on instagram, twitter, and such without even knowing the implications of having them in a public space. That being said I still think there are some things that are simply acceptable to be collected, and somethings that are not acceptable.

I’m not saying privacy threat isn’t real. I agree that it is real. And I’ve been doing my fair share of keeping my private life, private. Like, I closed my Facebook, Twitter, instagram account, I use a burner email address that doesn’t have my real personal information. I don’t have cameras at home, and those who do, I put privacy shutters over them. I also don’t use any digital assistants. I disable them in all my device. I have VPN that’s always on at all time, and I add extra internet security and firewall both in my PC as well as my network routers that monitors connection to unwanted servers. I use adblocks, so people who do have my very limited “browsing habits” can’t do anything with it to earn ad revenues.

But that’s really all we can do. We can spend 3 hours to go through all the EULA and have them reviewed by your personal lawyers, but at the end of the day, if you disagree with it. You can’t use it. And when every single service that’s available has a EULA that you disagree with, at the end of they you’ll end up not being able to do or use anything. So I think privacy isn’t a black or white situation, that either you’ll have an open and public knowledge about your life, or you’re completely cutoff from the world. But it’s a bit of a grey area, that the only thing you can do is control those that you can control. But also accept that there are things that you can’t control, and that has to be an acceptable sacrifice that we have to make to be able to use those services.

1 Like

Try WINKEY + G.
If the Gamebar interface pops up you are good to go. If not you likely need to go the the MS Store and download the ‘XBox Gamebar’.

Which options? I’m asking because I have OBS but I just never recorded with it.

The problem I have with OBS is it stops recording when I go into “Mouse Look” mode, which I use all the time. Well, it doesn’t stop recording, it just stays at the last frame I was at before I went into mouse look mode, and then starts again when it’s back off again.

Is there an option to get past this?

I use a 2070 Super into an LG 55UN7300 55 in 4K TV. Nothing special, no other monitors.

I assume when FS goes into Mouse look mode, it’s going into some other graphics mode and OBS doesn’t notice the switch?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.