Getting started with WASM

Thank you once again for clarifying. So if Im understanding correctly, I should be able to use trigger_key_event() to call events from the panel SDK, and then also write my own event logic using the register_key_event()? Do you know if these handlers override or supplement the existing event logic?

I’m just trying to discover the limitations of the panel SDK, and whether it would be viable to do some simple tasks such as create a custom engine starter that then calls the FM starter when appropriate (I imagine should be do-able?) or custom fuel systems that act on the FM fuel systems (eg by changing the selector as appropriate or enabling/disabling fuel pumps).

Apologies for all the questions - I’ve spent some time learning the panel SDK and I find it very efficient, but I don’t want to sink too much time into learning the Simconnect API unless it’s 100% necessary

When I create a WASM module project in Visual Studio 2019 or 2022, the Docs say I should see this generated code:

#include <stdio.h>
#include "[MODULE_NAME]_Module.h"
extern "C" MODULE_EXPORT void test(void)
{
	// TODO
}

Instead, I see this:

// WASM_Module1.cpp

#include <stdio.h>
#include "WASM_Module1.h"

extern "C" MODULE_EXPORT void test(void)
{
	// TODO
}

Are the Docs still somewhat of an afterthought in terms of timely updates and littered with inaccuracies that newcomers have to navigate?

ie In this example
[MODULE_NAME] is WASM

1 Like

I’ve been knee-deep in Typescript land and away from C++ for quite some time so I thought that was some fancy new language directive magic :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for clarifying :+1:

1 Like