Give a thank you!

Can we simply thank the developers and community team, of this amazing sim for all their hard work?

I’ve heard there’s been quite a bit of ‘discussion’ lately but let’s bring in a more positive vibe. A sim of this scale has never been seen before, it’s completely unprecedented what they’ve created for us all. They’ve truly gone above and beyond and have been hearing out the community in terms of their wish lists, but not many people really ever stop to give a simple thank you. We live in a fast-paced world these days where everything is usually on demand, yet this team has been delivering.

So, from myself, just want to give a big thank you! I’ve been simming since FS9/FSX, and it quickly helped turn it into a passion for flying throughout my life. I’ve learned so much throughout the years and I’m hoping to get my PPL in the near future, being given a greater deal of confidence thanks to this sim. I also look forward to FS2024 and all the hard work that’s been put into it. Despite the small disputes, this community has been amazing through it all and highly innovative for our hobby.

If you’re interested in doing so, leave a thank you and comment below on how MSFS has helped or impacted you. :grinning:

30 Likes

MSFS brought me back into flightsimming. It inspired me to learn new crafts and build new skillsets in various types of development. It helped bring with it a new feeling of self-worth and confidence and SO MANY amazing new friendships. I’ve had so many wonderful real life experiences I would absolutely not have without this sim releasing 3 years ago.
It has been amazing seeing a new community grow around flightsimming, making it accessible to so many more people worldwide, and inspiring so many people to pick up development skills and make whatever they want to make.

Thank you to everyone on the team. All the devs, coders and modelers, decision makers and testers and moderators and community team and volunteers.

7 Likes

MSFS brought me into simming over 35 years ago, which led to me obtaining multiple certifications 25-ish years ago. However, I changed career paths and dropped flying altogether.

3 years ago MSFS brought me back into simming, started me on streaming, and got me back into real-world flying, where I recently earned a ground instructor (advanced) and instrument ground instructor certificate. The best part of the whole thing has been the relationships I’ve made along the way. Y’all are my kind of people.

8 Likes

MSFS rekindled my love of aviation. I’d always loved everything about aircraft until I made the mistake of making aviation my career. I got out about 10 years ago and never looked back until I picked up a copy of MSFS. The beauty of MSFS is being able to fly believable VFR, with my paper charts and navlog on my kneeboard. It even inspired me to finally get my pilot’s license, and as of a few months ago, I am a newly minted PPL.

4 Likes

Yeah, I found how people in this forum seemed so divided. Threads were often filled with complaints when something did not go as expected. Needless to say, there are areas of potential improvements, but we shall recognize how much hard work has been put into development. And anything related to software engineering is tough and will not satisfy every individual’s needs. So above all, we should appreciate these people and encourage them to move forward!

6 Likes

Yes, let’s spread some positivity! :slight_smile:
Thank you Microsoft and Asobo for this fantastic journey, look forward to buying FS2024 at day one as I did more than 3 years ago (time flies…)

3 Likes

Thank you asobo for making me dream :heart::airplane:

2 Likes

Thank YOU all for being the best community! :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I’ve played lots of ‘games’ over the years but nothing hits like sitting in your virtual cockpit and setting off into the clouds. Still to this day, I see things in FS that are just incredible. I can only imagine what FS2024 will bring. :+1:

2 Likes

Microsoft wasn’t even a glimmer in Bill Gates mind when I got my PPL (1971). :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes, all the griping and complaining makes me wonder why they’re still here.

I’ve been fascinated by airplanes and flying since the age of four when my family flew cross-country from Norfolk Virginia to Anchorage Alaska.

Flight simming has been a dream of mine for just about forever and I bought an Atari 130XE back in the early 90’s just because Microsoft Flight Simulator was included as a “free” premium.

A (somewhat) capable PC, a slightly more relaxed budget, and MSFS 2000 got me back into simming.

FS 2004 and then FS-X just fueled the insanity.

Then MS “officially” abandoned the flight sim and many people went into mourning.

Now, with MSFS 2020 I have (almost) everything I’ve ever dreamed about.

My cup runneth over, (aside from the occasional graphical artifact like warped rivers or subterranean bridges), and I am a abundantly happy; no, blessed, that we have a program of this caliber for the, (relative), pittance we paid for it.

Thank you MS, Asobo, Blackshark, and everyone else who has contributed to making this sim second to none.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.