Giving up on simming after update V?

Absolutely, I totally understand people that want to fire up Xplane or P3D besides using Msfs2020. All sims have their place and use. Cheers

3 Likes

Nope. My XP11 and P3D 5.2 still work fine. I am just flying MSFS less until the altitude bug is handled. This isnā€™t a sim war. All three products are great, I donā€™t need to choose. All three co-exist on my PC just fineā€¦ Havenā€™t woken up in the middle of the night to check for pillow fights, though.

8 Likes

Well said! I never understood that close minded elitist-mindset that there needs to be ONE SIM that does everything best and sooo much better than the others, that simply doesnā€™t exist. All sims have something to offer, and can/canā€™t do things the competition does. Itā€™s time to move on from those exhausting and pointless ā€œsim-warsā€ and time to celebrate the immense diversity we have in flight simming. We never had more choice and diversity than now!

3 Likes

Translated from de by Microsoft

yes, why such a thing, without Flusiā€™s life?

:rofl:

2 Likes

Have you tried running Nvidia Studio driver instead of Game ready driver?

1 Like

GREAT - WALL - OF - TEXT - WARNING.

I totally agree that SU5 was a dog of an update. Itā€™s probably the least stable update I have experienced since I first installed FS2020 in December 2020 and there is a lot NOT to like.

However, I turned off photogrammetry long before SU5. Not because of performance issues but because it just looks rubbish so if it looks even more rubbish now I wouldnā€™t see it.

I do take short flights around first world countries so I do see the mess they made of places like Edinburgh when they lowered the poly count and texture res for SU5 thus making whole airports and neighbourhoods vanish BUTā€¦
Even before SU5 I had started bush flying in Africa with an airline manager companion app and all of the places I visit are pretty basic anyway and have never been given any fancy world update / hand built airport love so they donā€™t actually look much worse.

(Buildings and airports are still missing parts, the pop in is utterly ridiculous especially as I fly with TrackIR or VR, terrain morphing is now more visible than ever and the middle distance AA fizz looks nasty but while it does look like hot garbage compared to what it did, itā€™s still not too bad and not as bad as some places in Europe and Americaā€™s that I have seen recently)

In other words.
Iā€™ve got to get my daily flights in for the virtual airlineā€¦so I put up with SU5 and then I go off and shoot down airplanes in DCS or IL-2

3 Likes

I havenā€™t even started MSFS since august 7 and wonā€™t be until the next update. There is no point as I canā€™t trust the sim to keep stable and not crash. Tried all the posted workarounds and ā€œfixesā€.
To be honest I dont miss it much anyway so if Asobo manages to fix this sim then great, but I will not be spending anymore money in the marketplace, since the next update will likely break stuff again.

2 Likes

ofcourse, but you seem to think everyone has problems, and thats not true, but i do agree
with the state the sim is in now its not for the casuals.

As my time with the Sim started with Update V (on Xbox) Iā€™m certainly not giving up. Quite the reverse. :relieved:

Nope. Iā€™m cautiously optimistic that they get the stuff broken in SU5 by SU6 with some significant improvements in WU6.

Sim update V added hidden gameplay called ā€œpc tweaking simulatorā€ lol.
Well i never experienced ctd, but i will respect who are badly affected by the sim update šŸ„²

3 Likes

I have some graphic glitches, mostly the melted building effect in the distance. But I havenā€™t had a CTD in some time. I also turned off any over clocking, the game does not like it one bit. Iā€™d check your system out before throwing in the towelā€¦

2 Likes

Since spring i figured what it takes some years for devs to get sim in usable state with current speed, so no reasons to waste time, traffic, electricity and brain cells for updates till then

Troll much? Try to be constructive. Try DCS World. Itā€™s free with a couple of planes. Try Xplane. Itā€™s cheap and has lots of planes. When your amygdala cools off, come back and have fun.

4 Likes

AMD here :roll_eyes:
I solved slowing down GPU mhz to half standard speed.
But a lot of people canā€™t solve the ctd

no, most of the people are flying and not posting rants on the forum. I have been flying every day, I may have had issues with SU5 at the beginning but they are all gone. Really enjoying MSFS.

1 Like

Oooo an Xbox user. Welcome. How is sim for you? I madly thought of buying an xbox, presuming you can buy one, because it might work better on that platform!!

I dont think Iā€™m trolling, sorry. Iā€™m just stating that for what i want to use the sim for it no longer does it, when previously it did. And to see if anybody agrees, or if it is just me. It turns out that Iā€™m in the minority but not alone. Possibly because of the focus of my flying being on the visual acuity of medium to high IFR flight. Im pleased it is working for other users of the sim who might use it differently. And I am heartened that people here think that asobo might provide options at some time to rebalance it the way it was allowing everybody to use it the way they want. High quality and slow fps or vice versa.
But i wonā€™t accept anybody saying that this wasnā€™t an appalling release laden with bugs that i bet the Asobo developers knew about but were unable to fix due to timescales imposed on them. This is therefore not their fault. I presume/hope the delay to WU 6 is to give them breathing space to catch up and do their jobs, and get control again so we can all enjoy the sim. Iā€™m a developer, I know the game. And people might call me a drama queen but they have got to get this sorted in WU 6 or a chunk of people, me included, will leave the sim, which isnt good. We need more people for it to be a healthy growing environment. Which is why its great that xbox users can join the party. But why couldnā€™t MS have just given Asobo a couple of weeks to do what they needed to do? Its not like you can buy an Xbox series X anywhere anyway :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nopeā€¦using it right now in factā€¦exploring Colorado USA.

1 Like

Well i have read plenty of other people who have had problems, but im glad all ok for you. Do you fly low level VFR? No LOD issues? One interesting thing is I have a ps4 controller connected (for controlling drone) . I do wonder if faulty update code detected that on update and mucked my settings up thinking i was xboxesque. I couldnā€™t touch any buttons in cockpit straight afterwards, until i found ā€˜legacy controlā€™ setting. Anybody else get the latter? Dumb update code thinking xbox first.