GKS Mig-21Bis

I recall those click spots from the MP version, however they are gone in the Orbx version. I messaged the dev and they mentioned they forgot the tooltip for the hidden click spot and pointed it out if for me which launches the config window. I’ll post the screenshot in a bit.

I find the Mig a lot of fun to fly. I’m not sure how realistic the model is but you have to fly it with some caution, not to get it into a spin. The landings are challenging but I’m getting the hang of it. I definitely feel that it was money well spent. My favorite aircraft next to Fenix a320 at this point. Big thanks to the developers! I saw a Mig 21 in an airshow in Yugoslavia when I was a kid. I still remember the breaking of the sound barrier and the landing with the parachute.

3 Likes

It has become a favorite of mine as well and currently one of my most used addons. I have the DCS version but I haven’t flown it in ages so I can’t really comment on how it compares since I haven’t used DCS in years, but the landings are definitely just as hard. They key I’ve found with landings is to never let your speed drop below 400kmh on final as it’s nearly impossible to gain speed back.

I would say the only area that really needs improvement would be the engine sounds, but even this doesn’t bother me too much.

3 Likes

Do you guys have an estimate for when the Xbox version will release? I’m looking forward to flying the MiG-21 from my couch :smiley:

2 Likes

The Xbox version is currently in testing at msfs. Should be released in the nearest sim update

2 Likes

do you have any estimated time for the next update ? for new leveries, sound engine, etc ?

1 Like

Another good and high quality example for sound sample at taxi for future sound update

ps: also i know its weird to ask but it will be nice in the future to have more variants of this beautiful bird especially that we have such a good flight model thanks to you guys . i was thinking at the LanceR variant which have modern displays radar etc . It will be a dream to fly this bird with a digital modern HUD . the cockpit of the LanceR at min 9:39 in the video

2 Likes

Good news, version 1.3.0 will be available today on ms marketplace for PC and Xbox.

3 Likes

Awesome news! I just updated, is there a changelog by chance?

Xbox user here, the plane looks and flies great. I cannot get the throttle to move when starting from cold and dark, only if I start on the runway. It seems like it is locked in position. I am trying to follow the checklist, but cannot seem to sort it out. Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated.

1 Like

New quick video how to statup afer 1.3 update

2 Likes

does anybody knows how to remove the external tanks ? i move the sliders to 0 and are still there

look here => GKS Mig-21Bis - #30 by Al13X7895

it was mentioned above

Thank you for the reply. I have tried every manor of clicking, moving dragging, and scrolling. The throttle unlock will not function. Is anyone else able to get it to work on Xbox?

EDIT: I am only able to get it to unlock using the controller, and only with cursor mode disabled ( look around mode.)

It’s seems like Xbox controller specific bug. We will fix it in the next update

4 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to respond to questions! You’ve made a fantastic plane, and I’m sure the Xbox community is grateful you took the time to include a counsel release. I look forward to putting many hours on it!

3 Likes

I’m on Xbox as well I’m unable to click anything in the cockpit it’s weird I get the prompts of what the switch is but nothing happens when I click the button don’t know If anyone else has that issue but otherwise it flys wonderfully when I start on the runway

1 Like

Same thing for me, forced to use the mouse.
It should be fix in the next update

We all know what DCS is, but this is the MSFS forum. Don’t do that.

2 Likes