GKS Mig-21Bis

seems to be a lot more commentary in here that’s unrelated to the product itself than there should be…
Nothing wrong with owning DCS and MSFS and getting something from each that the other can’t provide…is there? or did I miss some secret regulation from the unwritten rule book of misery? oh well.
To GKS - this is a marvelous effort especially as it appears to be your first MSFS aircraft. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Yes, we just tested this case - confirmed bug. The fix fill be included it to the first update in the nearest days

1 Like

Thank you.

Normally, it doesn’t really. MSFS addons are usually judged on their merits alone… but because you don’t seem to be up on current events, I’ll help you:

Russia illegally invaded Ukraine in 2014 and seized parts of the country, including Crimea and parts of the Donbas region.

On February 24th, 2022, under the guise of protecting people of Russian descent in Ukraine, Russia launched a full-scale invasion. They have concentrated their attacks on the civilian areas - infrastructure, housing, and the people themselves. There is quite the mountain of evidence supporting claims of Russia committing war atrocities in Ukraine. A few Russians have been tried for war crimes already.

The Hostomel Airport (UKKM / GML), north of Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine, is also known as Antonov Airport. If the name Antonov sounds familiar, it is because it referrers to the Antonov State Enterprise - Державне підприємство “Антонов”, formerly known as the Antonov Design Bureau, which was formed in May of 1946, and moved to Kyiv in 1952. Antonov has produced something like 22,000 airplanes including notable ones like the An-2, and famously, the An-225, which was the largest flying airplane until it was destroyed during the Battle of Antonov Airport, 24-25 February, 2022.

From my perspective as a former US Marine, the stated goal of the illegal Russian invasion does not match up with the news coming out of the country. Russia, or the Orks as they are known by some, have been trying to wipe Ukraine off the map. They are continuing to launch sustained artillery, rocket, missile, and bomb attacks on the population. Yes, they are attacking military targets as well, but the overwhelming brunt of the destruction has been on the cities, infrastructure, and people themselves. They’re not focusing on the Ukrainian defenders, they’re aggressively attacking the people. One needs only to briefly search the Internet for photos of the illegal invasion to find picture after picture of destroyed apartment buildings, houses, and dead Ukrainian civilians.

@Al13X7895, one of the developers from Golden Key Sudios, commented earlier in the thread and said:

As for the high price, don’t worry, we send all the money left after bank transfers to the purchase of reconnaissance drones for the UA [Ukraine] Armed Forces in which one of our developers serves now.

The people (including children) of Ukraine are suffering. They have been killed, ■■■■■, tortured, driven from their homes, forced to flee the country, and even forcefully transported to Russia to live in work camps.

The men and women of the Ukrainian Armed Forces have continued to fight back, and there are even groups of foreign fighters that are fighting along-side Ukrainianiwns to help repel the illegal invasion. They need supplies. They need weapons. By purchasing this airplane, you are directly contributing to the defense of the country against unwarranted aggression.

Yes, where the developer is from matters. Especially now.

As for the airplane, GKS are continuing development of it and will release updates for it soon. I have my fingers crossed that we’ll be able to hear the absolute roar of the Tumansky R-25-300 Turbojet !

In closing, Sláva Ukrayíni! Heróyam sláva! (Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the Heroes!

12 Likes

You put a lot of time into that response.
I’m sure there are plenty of places to donate if you choose to help the war effort. But just cause they are having issues there doesn’t mean people have to pay top$ for ■■■■
On a shingle just cause it’s from Ukraine :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m just commenting to add my voice to the chorus of those who will definitely buy this plane, but I’m waiting for it to be available through a channel other than the in-sim Marketplace, due to Asobo’s absurd no-weapons policy.

Any information from the developers on when this might happen, and on what platforms, would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Can you also please correct Czech liveries ? Here are pictures of how shoud be insignias aligned.
Blue always in front, red inside and white outside.
Also in external view there are external tanks, but from cockpit view, there are empty missile rails.

Hi, of cource. We will fix it asap. Ыorry for our inattention

1 Like

Its ok :slight_smile: this is common error with those insignias.

2 Likes

Is it perfect? No.

But it looks fantastic and flies well (or as well as MiG-21). Cockpit very detailed (and incredibly cluttered). Flight model feels very good - even though it is not exactly a joy to fly as an aircraft (at least until you figure out its strengths).

Love the fact that we are getting a complex classic jet that requires good old fashioned flying skills.

Having great fun with this already and looking forward to the updates.

5 Likes

Hi to all

As we promised - we have updated flight manual for MSFS 2020

You can download it from our site

GKS Dev Team

7 Likes

Thank you for the manual, looking good.
Concerning the restart/exit ctd I know the Milviz Porter had a similar issue since SU9. A recent update fixed it - perhaps user Crazykolin in the Milviz thread on this forum can give some pointers?

A suggestion: perhaps an option to replace the MSFS default radio with the original radar control unit to have completely original cockpit.

A paint kit would be nice - I’m sure we’ll see a lot of user paint schemes!

restart/exit CDT - thank you for advice
suggestion regarding radar controls - wiil be implemented (as option)
Paint kit already available for download in our site (simple version)

1 Like

Perfect. Thank you for the Swift response.

Looks great, any ETA for availability for sale on third party websites?

Are the wing mounted external tanks really only supposed to hold 50 gallons of fuel? They look to be the same 490 liter tank that’s on the centerline, which is 129.4 gallons, yet their max capacity is 50 gallons?

I still couldn´t get the chute to work with the annunciator switch on binding.

All Switches that you mentioned are activated. All clickspots and buttons work with the chute. Scripts with your LVARs also work. Only the keybinding dont.

Hey, we checked again with several diferent users - it works well.

Please try to hold hot key just a little (up to 1 second) Sometimes it is delayed reaction on hotkey.

The better to try hotkay in the external view (push hotkey untill you see chute deployment)
Do not forget to push “c” if in drone view to make all controls available.

Please note - first HK push - will deploy the chute. But If drag chute deployed - same hot key acts as chute jettison. So if you will hold hotkey too long - parachute will be deployed and then (in 1-2 sec) jettisoned.

Droppable fuel tanks button’s covers must be closed

It is also important that the thrust levers must be less than 10%. If more, the drag chute will blow away as soon as it is deployed.

BTW - Drag chute deployment system works from battery (not related to other power switches)

Please let me know if it works or not.
We will try to find another simvar for more convinient key maping

1 Like

We made pilot lamps to indicate the state of the braking parachute

It is also important - recently we found a bug - drag chute do not initialised from cold and dark state It works only from “ready to take off state” We will fix this asap.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. Holding the button just a tiny bit was the solution. Works now.