Two more videos

Snowdonia summit - YouTube 20 Kts, no gusts, lovely scenery :slight_smile:

EDIT
A quick video on youtube showing how to stop the gusts and itā€™s impact

https://youtu.be/s20Imn-hk8g
Cheers
Keith

2 Likes

The WebAssembly solution is not only for porting old C++ code. First, WebAssembly is a very modern programming language backend. Different front ends are possible, C++ is one, Rust is another.
More important in my opinion is the WebAssembly support by the library and runtime. I hope that Asobo - on the long run - will open up the simulator for 3rd party developer, e.g. the weather engine. But first of all this is work for Microsoft/Asobo and no profit. Letā€™s see what will happen - a closed FS2020 with all serious simmer using other sims or an open FS2020 that ruins the other sims.

1 Like

In case any gliding enthusiasts havenā€™t noticed, there is an NMEA interface program at

which means XCSoar works :slight_smile:

And Peter Luerkinā€™s WinchX! works for MSFS! :slight_smile:

Cheers
Keith

3 Likes

Hello Keith, can you PLEASE give a tutorial on how to make WinchX! work together with FS2020? I want to have it too!

1 Like

I had already installed it for FSX and literally just run the EXE from the FSX modules folder, nothing installed in MSFS.

OK. I donā€™t have FSX. How can I use it in FS2020? Also just start the EXE? Where shall I put it?

Just unpack the ZIP to a folder of your choosing and run it from there.

1 Like

Thanks. Didnā€™t work, though :frowning:
Get an error message that the ā€œside-by-side configurationā€ is ā€œinvalidā€

This is something to do with VisualC++ runtime libraries needed - search the internet for ā€˜side-by-sideā€™

Thank you.-Found several articles.

1. Reinstalling: Done no change
  2. used Power Shell with ā€œsfc /scannowā€
  3. repaired and later reinstalled all VC++ libraries, versions 2008 to 2019 x84 and x64.

Unfortunately no change. :frowning:

Found this at https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/555091-winchx-and-cumulusx-on-a-new-windows-10-pc/
"I sorted my problem by installing the correct version of SimConnect from the P3D redist directory. It needed this particular version installing:

ā€¦\P3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

The other versions didnā€™t work due due to the versioning in the manifest files."
Suggests you need the older simconnect too.

Thanks. Now thereā€™s the question on where to get it. I wasnā€™t aware that I needed SimConnect since thereā€™s no mention of it in the readme file of WinchX. What does it do?
I downloaded the current version of SimConnect but get the same error. I tried finding an older version. Donā€™t have FSX or P3D so thatā€™s not an option.

You could try this one, hosted by FSEconomy
http://server.fseconomy.net/static/library/SimConnect_sp1.msi

We reeally need gliders, it would be perfect with this visuals and weather engine, I really hope there is some news soon about that

Can you give us a link? For us that canā€™t see the first post about this?

Yes, gliders would be great and with realistic lift.

So, does anyone have inside information on the G103 that IRIS is planning to release?

is asked them via email no release date rn they said maybe 2021

Look what I found

There is a sign of a tow-plane?

1 Like

How did you make the gauges work? Please tell! Looks great!