Glitchy Pixels at top of screen

I just had this happen again right after spawning (471.41).
What I noticed in this situation (I spawned in the Baron at LSZH):

• the nameplates of other players were laggy when panning the camera, like on a rubber band
  • the beacon was flashing inside the cockpit
  • a few taxiway signs were floating in ~50ft altitude

All of that is not the case when the graphics are not glitching. So it seems to be something wrong in the models or engine or something like that, I don’t think it’s just the driver’s fault.

Restarting the flight doesn’t help, the glitch remains.
Restarting the sim solves the issue until it reappears. So it doesn’t leave the driver in some broken state or so.

Oh and not sure if it matters, I’m using g-sync.

G-Sync too.
Update: another 4 hours and it’s not, as yet, returned; not restarted sim since. Same plane, same settings, now travelling on the same route towards Australia (after a refuel). I don’t like bugs that I cannot recreate.

I’m not using G-sync, but still have the issue. Should be worth noting I have this issue with Vsync on, off, and Vsync Fast enabled in the Nvidia Control Panel.

1 Like

ya mine did this lastnight on the pc, , like the game is over heating the GPUs , has to much of a load and cpu … , green roads skys , my GPU is running at 100% thje hole time playing, iracing project cars 2 doesnt run but 30 50 % , kind of a waste buying this really , not good for a PC , and reading on fb xbox nather , know 1 thing, dont download win 11 , sucks , laggy slow and runs more of a load ,

and why do PC players have to have the game running for 4 6 hours to download the game , over heating my pc , , 103 degees as of now , downloading it again , keeps crashen

If your PC is overheating, it’s your hardware issue, not the sim.
Having GPU utilization at 100% is totally fine and most modern games do that.
Check your cooling/airflow.

The glitches have nothing to do with overheating, my GPU sits at stable 70°C.

1 Like

Just another update: I got this issue again after 5 minutes yesterday, but only AFTER I bumped up render scaling back to 110%. Bumping down render scaling to 100% once it happened actually made it go away.

I still think this is an issue with render scaling >100% and TAA on.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try with 100%. I used to fly with 120-130.
Did not downgrade the driver yet, so will see if that helps despite the most recent driver installed.

New NVIDIA drivers are out.

1 Like

Do they fix the issue or why is that relevant for this discussion?

Haven’t tested yet but a lot of people said it was due to the drivers…Let’s see if this was true.

Updated the latest version 471.68, the huge pixels and screen tearing issues have not been fixed.

Probably this problem not due to driver, but from Asobo itself.

1 Like

Still broken in the new driver. Back to 466 because removing su5 is not allowed.

1 Like

Did you try with render scaling 100%?

yep, happened to me after I dared to move the render resolution slider beyond 100. after I put it back to 100 all fine again

2 Likes

Just a friendly update, but no issues for several days since moving the render scaling back to 100%. I’m pretty convinced this is where the issue lies.

1 Like

I can confirm that. Render scale above 100% causes glitching pixels as described in this post.

I have to roll back unwantedly to version 466.77 just because of this issue of unplayable screen tearing and huge pixels. The issue doesn’t not appear with driver 466.77, but I don’t think this is a permanent solution, I hope Asobo will fix this soon.

After very long time of flying with render scaling of 200 that gives me the finest quality and my eyes got used to it, I cannot go back to 100% because it looks terrible!

Same issue here, i was looking for this thread… I hope Asobo have noticed this. I am on a 1080ti, happens on render scaling 150 and 100 as well. Latest drivers installed as well. :frowning:

I only see this now and then. I don’t think it’s heat related. My Rtx 3090 is liquid cooled on both sides and my max temps are in the region GPU 40c memory junction 50c maybe climbing by 10c each under extreme load on really got days.

It happened tonight so I played with it.

ATC pop out window. If put in area of screen with artefacts will not have artefacts itself. It covers them.

Set graphics from ultra to low and save.
No change.
Set graphics back to ultra
No change.

Set render scaling back to 100 - issue resolved.

I have UI scaling in place to make the ATC pop out small enough to not cover too much screen. (SU5 ■■■■■■ the text scaling on pop out windows) I might play with setting UI scaling back to default but I don’t think it’s related.