Glitchy Pixels at top of screen

Had a very similar experience - several hours of flight with TAA on and no problems, but suddenly - again those checkerboard pixels. As the glitchy pixels never appeared from the very beginning of flight, this might be some memory problem (corrupt range of graphics memory?) which only appears when memory usage reaches a certain level?

I have RTX3090 and I never reach the full GPU RAM.
I have the same issue as you describe it.
It start during or at the end of a flight.

Iā€™m going the clear the gpu Cache before the flight. Maybe this solves it.

I read about clearing the cache in an other topic belonging to stutters and low frame rates.
Maybe it helps here too

Setting the gamma correction off didnā€™t work for me either. The only thing thatā€™s worked for me with the latest driver is setting VSync ON in the sim at 30 FPS. Itā€™s very smooth at that point also with my 2070S and no checkerboarding. I realize this may not be ideal for people with newer cards.

1 Like

Same happens to me on a 3070 and driver 496.76 (relieved Iā€™m not alone). I am going to try the suggestion above of switching off in-game overlay in GForce Exp; and late you know.

removing the in-game overlay does not fix this for me.

Did you update the drivers via the express installation or the custom installation?

It may be. Memory runs pretty hot in Rtx cards, especially the 3090 and indeed Iā€™ve seen folks posting memory junction temps which are close to or exceed the max safe temp for gddr6 (TjMax 95c) - hot memory = errors and faults?

Today I did a 2 hour flight from Addon Airport to Addon Airport. A320 FBW. All on Ultra and 4K.
So heavy workload.

No issues on this flight.

After that flight changed Aircraft to the Starfighter and did a low level flight from from Bale to Treviso.
Also 4K and all on Ultraā€¦.

No issues againā€¦ā€¦

Iā€˜m watching the cpu temps they are normal.
What I didnā€™t watch is the gpu temp but due to the noise levelā€¦. I would say it was running at normal temps.

What you mean with corrupt range of gpu memory?

MSFS Problem?
NVIDIA Driver Problem?
or GPU Broken?

It was a response to another post which referred to vram as a possible cause.

This indeed could be possible especially given the temperatures which RTX vram can get to. The RTX 3090 mounts some of its gddr6 on the rear, an area not often particularly well cooled. As noted Iā€™ve seen folks online posting temps of 110c for their 3090 memory junction temp. The max safe temp for gddr6 is 95c

Definitely worth monitoring your GPU temp but the real temperature to watch is the memory junction.

I donā€™t know for sure what causes the artefacts. I have seen them too when pushing render scale beyond 100%
Not all the time, but I have seen it. Reducing render scale back to 100% always fixed it immediately.

However, Iā€™m open minded enough to consider that hardware or driverā€™s rather than Asobo code may actually be the cause

Personally, I think the problems are related to the code from Asobo.

On every other game I use, all in 4K highest details possible, ray tracing etcā€¦. I never get these pixels.

Before the SU7 I never had issues like this in the sim.

Maybe Asobo broke the code or the Nvidia driver is incompatible with the sim.

Next flight Iā€™m gonna take the temperatures with the infrared thermometer from the gpu directly.

I hope we can figure out where this issue comes from.

Sadly Asobo doesnā€™t take a look at this topic here.

Edit: Just found this one, a hot fix for the actual driver.

1 Like

I was seeing it probably from around SU5 - in 1440p my squares were larger in appearance but always at the top and very visible against cockpit - less visible against sky and sea. (But still there I think.)

There are threads about it going back a waysā€¦

So, what does this mean to our situation.
We know, that it is there from at least SU5.

Before and even during alpha I never ran into this issue.

So maybe, Asobo broke the code after SU5 or since SU5, nvidia changed something in there drives.

I donā€™t think that all our gpus or gpu RAM are brokenā€¦ my card is at least not older then 5 month.

Ok, letā€™s take a look into that temperature thing when it occurs. Maybe we can all try to measure the heat of the ram.

Iā€™m running out of ideasā€¦ā€¦

Asobo broke the code
Nvidia broke the code

and thatā€™s why we maybe run into heat problems with overloaded gpu ramā€¦.

1 Like

I strongly believe itā€™s in some compatibility between drivers and Asobo code. Any hardware problem would not be fixed that quickly with just changing one setting, especially problem with temps IMHO. Of course no problem in any other game. Plus I sometimes get this error right after I start first flight, before that GPU run on idle in Windows for hours. Sometimes later in flight. I was on hiatus so I canā€™t confirm it was there since SU5, but I played quite a lot during SU6 and never got this issue. Maybe it was in SU5, it was somehow fixed in SU6, and then reintroduced in SU7? Maybe issue from SU5 is little bit different. Who knows. One more thing actually, I did driver uninstall via DDU and then clean install of exact same drivers, which I used in SU6 without this problem and now I get this issue in SU7.

Can all of us, running in that issue, press the vote button on top of all posts. Maybe we can get it into the next Q&A

I rolled back to version 441.66. This bug has disappeared. But the problem is that there are other games that do not run on this version. Asobo and Nvidia should somehow agree on this issue

1 Like

There is a nvidia hot fix. hotifx driver 496.98
Has worked for me so far

1 Like

I too rolled back to version 441.66 and no longer experience the issue.

Hotfix 496.98 didnā€™t fixed the problem for me

2 Likes

Just upgraded to an RTX 3080 Ti and experiencing this issue for the first time