Global AI Ship Traffic V2 for MSFS

Dying to test this out, it was a real game changer in P3D and much needed in MSFS!

1 Like

Is there a discord server or place where we could learn more and be alerted when it comes out?
(not that Iā€™m really looking forward to this! :grinning:)

2 Likes

Looks like I have another style of Flight to get excited about other than Storm Chasing! Now I will be doing some serious Ship Chasing!

So excited about this!

2 Likes

Hello Pilots
Would someone maybe be so kind to tell me his Grafic Settings for such beautifull waves? I have never seen that in my Sim ;-(

You mean like these?

The waves only look like that in very high winds (30+ knots)

Ok, thank you for the tipp I will do that.

A small updateā€¦ Beta 2 has just been shared with a couple of the beta testers for a last testā€¦ tomorrow or Saturday it should be possible to launch.

16 Likes

@hnielsen791 Henrik - I forgot to ask, how does the add-on interact with the Marine Traffic scaling options in the Traffic menu?

Basically all the routes are set to appear at very low setting for ship traffic (5%) as the traffic is unique to different areas utilizing models realistic for each region. The default scaling consists of using the same 10-15 default models and repeat them more an more, so my recommendation is to use a low setting to avoid that repetition and you will not increase traffic from Global AI Ship Traffic by increasing settings. You will at 5% get around 24000 ship movements divided on around 2000 routes and the same at 100%ā€¦

3 Likes

5 percent is awesome. Every slider point I can save on environment can go somewhere else.

I really would like to see Titanic and/or Olympic between New York and Southampton. Would be some kind of search game, finding them and flying over them. But the characteristic silhouette would be a fun and joy momentā€¦

2 Likes

Wonderfull work, thank you so much. I wonder who builds all these fantastic lookin ships. I so much love to have two ships from the late 50ths. The freighter my Father worked on and the Freighter that supported us in Africa with food. But I guess it will be just a dream

2 Likes

Well let us know which ships and maybe we can helpā€¦ We just launched the Global Classic AI Ship Traffic for FSX and P3D with ships from the fifties and sixties and will eventually port it to MSFS.

And regards to who did the shipsā€¦ I did most of them, but also Erwin Welker, Jean-Pierre Fillion, Alberto Garcia and ten other developers contributedā€¦

8 Likes

They already exist for FSX/P3D and can be ported over, however it isnā€™t my models and I do not have permission to do so.

1 Like

This addon looks awesome Iā€™m so looking forward to this

Upload will be tomorrow. Beta test completed :smiley:

32 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::pray::pray::pray::+1::+1::+1:!

Fantastic news!

Will definitely be an exciting Saturday !!!

1 Like

Very cool! Would it be as simple as putting it in the community folder and will you include instructions for setting 5% etc to get the most out of it? Cheers.