Global AI Ship Traffic V2 native version and Great Lakes

Henrik, with the new version 4 coming, does the sim limit on objects have any effect on the new version? Because with V3 I cannot have all the area packs activated at the same time, the sim simply does not load a flight with them all in at once.

1 Like

The issue you face it the BGL limit - not the object limit. So that is why we divided the routes into regional packages. I might do some further work on the routes, but right now priority is the Real Time version. With that the object limit could become relevant in some areas, but so far it doesn’t seem to be an issue. Tested at San Diego earlier today with 400+ ships and boats injected. Those are injected based on the position of the plane by the AIG injection tool independently of the simulator.

3 Likes

Interesting, and good to hear, thanks for the prompt reply.

1 Like

Traffic to the oil fields North of Ciudad Carmen - Fleetmon Map to the left - and MSFS with GAIST RT on LittleNavMap to the right.

Further to the North Unalaska with Crab boats in the ice

Appropriate naming…

And regards to names - that boat to the right Vitus Bering is named after a guy from the small town next to mine here in Denmark and after whom the Bering Strait was named… ( Vitus Bering - Wikipedia ) Don’t search for the boat on Fleetmon as I just had to put a name on a repaint for an Alaskan fishing boat… But the model itself is known from a certain TV show.

12 Likes

Barge near Galveston, US

13 Likes

You should take a look at this thread. You will understand everything.

1 Like

Hasn’t that all been sorted out, or did I misunderstand?

It has, but many feel that the trust has been broken, so have their files elsewhere.

You can get GAIST at flyawaysimultions

And I think also at AVSIM, both of which have been around for ages and are well trusted since long before MSFS.

5 Likes

Nice, you tease :rofl: love it, more…

1 Like

I see that GAIST by KL791 is no longer available on fs.to. Does anyone know if it is available on another platform?

The new link is on the flightsim.to page.

1 Like

Time to answer my own question…>

AI Ships, Boats & Global Traffic for MSFS (flyawaysimulation.com)

1 Like

You can also find GAIST v3 - that is the version we launched end of December 2022 here:

FlightsimNorway.com Addons

I just test downloaded with 12.5Mb/s for free, no strings attached… Over the years this site provided the best download speeds of all beating flightsim.to by lengths when we crashed flightsim.to at the first launches… it is not a general site but a specific site for Nordic simmers run by a Norwegian friend, Ole.

And you can find it here:

MSFS 2020 Global AI Ship Traffic - GAIST Ultra V3 - MSFS AI Traffic - FlightSim.Com

And on simviation.com

GAIST will not return to Flightsim.to.

9 Likes

Hi Henrik,
I assume the latest version is 3.0.0 in the manifest, date 12/29/2022? Just making sure I’ve downloaded the latest as I believe I got it from fs.to.

How are trans-oceanic shipping managed? for example, is North atlantic shipping in euwest or northamericacaribbean routes. I assume if I load australiaoceania and northamericacaribbean I should get the majority of trans-Pacific traffic around North America?

Do you happen to have a map that shows the coverage of each of the different route sets?

Thanks!

I noticed people saying they can’t have all the routes loaded on their system. Is that just because they have shipping and ferries >10%, or will sim performance be affected in general if I have all the routes loaded?

Has SU12 had a positive or negative effect on GAIST 3.0?

(I have scanned this thread regarding my questions, and am continuing too…)
Edit: from reviewing the thread, it looks like I’ve got the latest version.

Correct :smiley:

GAIST is mostly costal - GAIST RT will have Trans Oceanic - but if you fly from the US to Europe keep
EU-West and NA routes in

Should do but always decide to something different instead… Now eg the sun finally broke through so it looks like spring and time for a walk… In Europe everything West and North of Gibraltar is in EU-WEST - while everything to the east of Gibraltar is in MED. Africa does include both East and West but not the North Coast towards the Mediterranean.

It is a system and settings thing… Some can have all routes running without issues; others can only have one or two packages installed. Recommendation is to have just those installed which you will use.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Yes, it always is this :joy: :rofl: … sigh, … same here

I’m hoping to a bunch of Boeing B314 flying across Oceania and the North Atlantic/Med, so this should be fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your definitively can land on the sea ice.

1 Like

Are you absolutely sure about that? :laughing:

3 Likes

I think you better get out of that plane fast…

3 Likes

Traffic near my local port on a sunny Sunday

10 Likes