Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

Is Hawaii traffic covered as part of the US BGL in V3? (I mean, I know it’s part of the USA, but it’s in a very different part of the world. :slight_smile: )

I think its time to open the closed beta to allow us all to enjoy it.

1 Like

There will be no public beta

4 Likes

The real time stuff is really looking fantastic, as good as the current version is there is something about knowing what you see is real IRL.

Big thanks for all the countless hours that must have been spent so far!

3 Likes

The US Coast Guard Cutter Polar Star leaving Antarctica yesterday. Starting its transit at 20 knots across the Drake Passage to Chile on P&W turbines. Hopefully we’ll see her soon in MSFS with the real time version. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Spotted this little guy with a well known name at Rio de Janeiro…

Heinrich Nielson!

5 Likes

How will the real time shipping be injected, is it independent of the other real time features in MSFS or integrated with them?

Will real time shipping be injected into any scenario loaded? The “Bush Trips” for instance?

1 Like

Ah, OK - that explains why he is so often out of office. Rio seems to be more fun than winterly Denmark. :grin:

2 Likes

Claro que sim, quem quer ficar na neve da Dinamarca quando tem carneval no Brasil :smiley:

1 Like

It is independent. I didn’t test while on mission, but will check with some of the others.

I’ve been flying the “Discover Norway” Bush Trip over the last few days. Real time shipping would really enhance these missions.

1 Like

Knud tested and wrote me it seems to work, though testing with some might not mean it works with all. But at least it looks positive.

2 Likes

Also some of the other Beta testers reported that Real Time works while flying Bush Trips, so… :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s good. A lot of the Bush Trips have coastal sections.

1 Like

Will the acquisition of Fleetmon and Marine Traffic cause an issue for the real time project or is it too early to tell?

Kpler Acquires MarineTraffic and FleetMon for maritime sector expansion - MarineTraffic Blog

Still on track :slight_smile:

2 Likes

On sea, you mean?

2 Likes

Dumb question but how do you find out which routes exist in the game once downloaded??

You’ll see them in LNM if you have that. I can’t remember if there are screenshots in the document showing the routes.

1 Like

Thanks, I do have that. I was just thinking of checking out how different routes and areas might feature different boats.