Global AI Ship Traffic V3 native version and Great Lakes

Hi All!
I was checking to see what the latest version of GAIST would be? Its been taken down from FLightsim.Io by the developer, and there is a 3.0 version on FlyAway…Has there been any news on development?

1 Like
3 Likes

Thanks! Looks like a Feb 23 update…

No, it’s not. v3 came out at the end of December 2022.

1 Like

Correct. V3 is still the most recent version. But we continue to work on the V4…

16 Likes

Have there been any updates to the Great Lakes?

No, with the new Coast Guard models and sailboats it is in the pipeline, but too many things to do and too little time.

2 Likes

Just wanted to make sure I hadn’t missed an update along the way.

Does the latest / last package still work ?

yes, it is still working well.

1 Like

It is indeed working well. Here’s another couple I came across fighting their way through the sea ice of the coast of Alaska yesterday. Shortly after which I proved that no, you cannot land your plane on the sea ice! :laughing:

8 Likes

I actually never checked the sailing in the ice :smiley:

Nice screenshots.

And then another newie… Yet another tall ship from Erwin Welker - the Amerigo Vespucci

13 Likes

Early morning in the Carribbean with our newest beta of Real Time and the GAIST V4 library, which has been updated with boats and yachts. AND NO it is not available for download yet…

20 Likes

I guess all these new models cannot be made to work with GAIST v3?

They can and they will…

4 Likes

Good news.

Henrik, with the new version 4 coming, does the sim limit on objects have any effect on the new version? Because with V3 I cannot have all the area packs activated at the same time, the sim simply does not load a flight with them all in at once.

1 Like

The issue you face it the BGL limit - not the object limit. So that is why we divided the routes into regional packages. I might do some further work on the routes, but right now priority is the Real Time version. With that the object limit could become relevant in some areas, but so far it doesn’t seem to be an issue. Tested at San Diego earlier today with 400+ ships and boats injected. Those are injected based on the position of the plane by the AIG injection tool independently of the simulator.

3 Likes

Interesting, and good to hear, thanks for the prompt reply.

1 Like

Traffic to the oil fields North of Ciudad Carmen - Fleetmon Map to the left - and MSFS with GAIST RT on LittleNavMap to the right.

Further to the North Unalaska with Crab boats in the ice

Appropriate naming…

And regards to names - that boat to the right Vitus Bering is named after a guy from the small town next to mine here in Denmark and after whom the Bering Strait was named… ( Vitus Bering - Wikipedia ) Don’t search for the boat on Fleetmon as I just had to put a name on a repaint for an Alaskan fishing boat… But the model itself is known from a certain TV show.

12 Likes

Barge near Galveston, US

13 Likes