Global AI Ship Traffic V2 native version and Great Lakes

Totally understand, so I most probably be one of those sticking to the .bgl variant. As a matter of fact, I simply can not perform a daytime flight in NZ “live” for example as I sit in Europe, so with a pure “live” traffic version, I would constantly miss many ship traffic in the rest of the world…

6 Likes

Exactly. That is the same problem that the lack of historic weather gives us.

1 Like

The bgl traffic will still be available and developed as long as Asobo allows it… Problem is that that we don’t know what will come next.

3 Likes

And the 1000th comment goes to… the dev. I smell cheating!
:wink:

1 Like

Is the new version out yet ? …eta ?

No, it’s not out. Eta is whenever it’s ready as the devs are not part of a paid company for developing addons :wink:
The current version works fine for most people on SU9.

3 Likes

we still have external formats that can be adapted to support ships :wink:

2 Likes

I smell collusion :wink:

2 Likes

Well at least for now, that is prior to SU8 and after the SU9, all is good again in the GAIST world without change.

The sim is progressing nicely in most regards but this error, like many others, after just about every update is like two steps forward and one step back. Like they’ll get there but not exactly a smooth transition and many things previously working get broken.

I hear from Jan that SU9 has changed a few things and SDK has been altered. Will try to run a few tests for him to identify a few errors that he is experiencing.

I feel sorry for the many 3rd party devs who have to do much rework everything after an update… Like fingers crossed hoping that things will still be working after an update!
It all the 3rd devs who have the determination and patience to fix/rework their add-ons to function in the updated system. In this case, GAIST, which has been around for many years in FSX/P3D and now MSFS. Hats off to you and your crew Henrik.

Norm

3 Likes

Flew in on final into Santos Dumont at night and saw plenty of lights on the ship traffic down there.:beers:

2 Likes

Maersk Nucleus - seen from FL400

3 Likes

I froze again :frowning:
But this is 1/50 so this might just be a MSFS freeze on itself. :sweat_smile:

Nice surprise just outside of Milford Sound, NZ:

1 Like

Caught this naval ship in the Puget Sound just north of Vashon Island. First time I’ve spotted anything besides a cargo ship (not a complaint, I just don’t fly low over waterways much) so that was cool. Look forward to finding more types of ships

1 Like

Today testing the Real Time version with DFDS passenger and freight ferries - getting there… Here Côte d’Opale heading into harbor in the sim real time…

17 Likes

DFDS Hollandia Seaways at Immingham

and nearby Ark Germania approaching… and yes, ups, she hasn’t got any effects attached…

15 Likes

and here Dardanelles Seaways heading East near Istanbul

and her siste Aspendos Seaways approaching Trieste

16 Likes

Great work as always, Henrik! Looking forward to this going live.

1 Like

We are now so far that I can tell that while the DFDS models are all from my hand the intelligent part injecting the ships is done by AIG… :smiley:

So this will be Global AI Ship Traffic powered by AIG. We start out with DFDS and their total fleet as they kindly put documentation for their ships and their traffic data at our disposal, but we hope to go much further in the coming months.

It will still take a short while before we launch the first version, but we believe we can say this is now beyond proof of concept.

18 Likes

Well now, here is some big news! This is fantastic!

1 Like