Global AI Ship Traffic V3 native version and Great Lakes

It is not an interference particular to GAIST but simply that everything you do eg add a complex plane, add leisure boats, add ship traffic, add a detailed scenery, increase graphic settings will affect performance and at a certain point you will reach the limit of your computer.

Fantastic work!!

Sorry but I donā€™t think you got my point.
I could set the boats to 100 and it has worked - slowly in some cases, but worked. I could set it to 0 and it has worked too. But setting it to anywhere between 10-40 caused the flight to freeze already on the loading screen and it has just happened after installing the Beta, had no issues with it earlier. The usually advised methods about what to do if someone experiences freezes or CTDs with GAIST havenā€™t helped but playing around with the boat setting somehow given persistent results on successful or failed flight startup.
Without having GAIST installed all leisure boat settings worked.
So if anyone has issues or will have issues after SU10 is final he/she may try to set to leisure boats to 0 - if this behaviour wonā€™t change until the final update will be released.

Changing the amount of leisure boats never fixed the freezing issue for me.

I was reading a thread at the ORBX forum, and best as I can tell, we are unlikely to see a return of the BC Ferries in the MSFS environment. Might we see these ships and routes appearing in a future GAIST update, either live or bgl?

What happened to the BC Ferries?

1 Like

There was a freeware addon for P3d put out in association with Orbx. It added ships, routes, port scenery, and even light houses for the BC coast, and down to the north of the USA. Unfortunately, it does not look like the designer will be bringing this to MSFS any time soon (if ever). It was a superb package. Here is hoping that Henrik will bring his version of those ships and routes.

Starting with Beta 1.27.1.0, Iā€™m getting the freeze while loading into the sim, as we had prior to SU9. Removing GAIST fixes the problem. I also have another unrelated issue with the latest beta version that I didnā€™t have with the first SU10 beta release.

Anyone else getting the freeze when loading into the sim?

Did you try the workaround of changing the aircraft before loading the flight? If itā€™s the old issue rearing its ugly head, that should allow you start a flight without a problem.

Thanks, I am able to launch with different workarounds.

My question was in regard to this affecting other users so it can be reported to Asobo before the SU10 releaseā€¦

Working fine here with no work arounds.

1 Like

I am dreading SUX

Apparently three major addons are identified as being negatively affected during beta testing, with no sign of solutions from Asobo.

1. AIG Traffic
  2. GAIST
  3. Bijan Seasons

Those are things that make MSFS bearable for me.

1 Like

The AIG crashing problem was fixed with the patch last Wednesday. Other than that there are no new issues with AI introduced with SU10. No fixes either though.

What issues with GAIST are there? Itā€™s working fine on my end.

Reports vary.

For which?

I donā€™t have Bijan seasons so I canā€™t comment on that, but Iā€™m running both GIAST and AIG in the beta.

Good to know there has been a fix for AIG and that you are not having problems. I am only going on feedback that I read here and on Discord channels. It seems that some people still have problems, but they might be outliers. Hopefully we will be good to go by the time SUX releases.

As for Bijan, he has been absent for months owing to family reasons, so unfortunately it is uncertain if he will be able to do whatever is necessary for SUX compliance.

I am not a beta tester btw.

1 Like

FWIW AIG and Gaist are working just fine.

Bijanā€™s seasons works, but now has a noticeable performance impact of around 10 or so fps. I believe the same can be said for Rex Accuseason but they have committed to fixing that for SU X release date.

The problem with Bijan is that heā€™s disappeared off the face of the Earth and his product hasnā€™t had an update since early February. In my opinion itā€™s not fair to put any blame on Asobo over this one. The three addons you listed are my top 3 must haves for the sim. We need Bijan back working on Seasons as soon as is possible because at the minute you can just about get by. Come the Autumn, however, it will really start to show just how far wide of the mark the default trees & ground imaging currently are.

1 Like

Outliars tend to find issues.

I am having the same issue with GAIST and SU9. My workaround of choice is to use only .bgl files for the areas I fly.

What are your issues?