Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

I got no issues

MSFS 2020 | H145 Rescue from moving ship | Lisboa | recorded in Virtual Reality - YouTube abused one of your ships :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Any updates on when we might see the Real Time version? Maybe you’re waiting to see what effect SU10 is going to have?

Been spending a lot of time “up high” helping my young friend with his Duke of Edinburgh Award project and hadn’t noticed no ships in LNM! Suppose it helps if you turn the feature on
 Now lotsa ship traffic.

Not seeing this fps loss with bijans seasons, though I haven’t tested it at length. I lock my fps so maybe it’s less noticeable for me.

Yes, if you read back a bit I also had this issue with GAIST and SU10 beta. No earlier workarounds helped, only changing the Leisure boat density - but at least I have no issues now.

GAIST tends to make the sim hang during the Fly loading. From time to time but could be 19/20 repro.
So far, I got affected on SU8 if I recall properly and I never managed to get it fixed despite all the workarounds tried.

It is not SU10 related, but because some of us got affected after SU10, they think it is. It can just happen anytime to anyone and we never found what was causing it so far.

As I said previously, only Asobo with their awesome debug tools could look into this but they don’t seem to care (or are not aware of it, I don’t know if hnielsen791 talked to them via the developpers forums to try to find the culprit). But with the ton of mods available, I kinda understand they cannot look into each issue themselves.

I ended up removing GAIST and Great Lakes because it was too frustrating, the sim is already very slow to load up, so when it freezes 10 times in a row, you’re becoming crazy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nice “abuse” - beautiful video - thanks for sharing :smiley:

1 Like

Strange, i have problems as well.

When i install it first time sim runs. Next time, it hangs at the last part of the loading screen. If i remove the addon sim loads main menu as usual. Still trying to figure out why. I wish there is a way to check what sim loading and have problems.

NOTE: never had problem related to this addon before except fps drops in one of the older versions.

All you have to do is go to the world map on the next run of MSFS, select a different aircraft, back out of the world map to the main menu, go back into the world map select the aircraft you want to fly setup your flight and hit fly. If you follow this procedure, the sim will not hang with GAIST installed. This has something to do with MSFS not GAIST.

I had the hanging issue months ago, I don’t remember which update. It was fixed but I don’t remember if I did something or what.

I’m not having it now.

Nope, it doesn’t work, I already tried this workaround.

Works 100% of the time here on my end. You have to do it each and every time you start MSFS if you are experiencing the hang. Other option don’t use GAIST.

What worked for me was to selectively delete the Bgl files I could live without
covering parts of the world where ships were not as important to me, but I also have other ship addons, so I could afford to shut some of the ship traffic off. Doing this takes some load off the system and I never get freezes anymore.

1 Like

GAIST

8 Likes

The one in the photo is my father. He is a civilian pilot, he is 90 years old.
He owned a 1947 Luscombe 8E and a 1957 Cessna 172. He flew in them until the late 1980s.
He has a hard time separating the simulator from reality. And its permanent complaint is the lack of trains and pedestrians.
So Henrik, when you are bored and have time. :smiley:
It should be paid of course.

Sin tĂ­tulo

18 Likes

Trains are on Asobo’s roadmap.
I think we can forget about pedestrians :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Nice pic and story. Despite all the critics of MSFS and the updates, and the errors, and the frustrations I still think we have the most realistic simulation game ever. From our side we work hard to make it even more realistic - even if progress and communication has been slow over the summer, we are continuing our efforts on both real time and bgl based traffic.

In order to give more life to the harbors some of the most important series of tugs have been added to our work project in the last weeks. Hundreds of tugs will appear with right livery and type, allthough names will not match for all as only one shipname was selected to represent each livery for a certain type. Below some examples.

Svitzer Port Said 1 and 2 were two of the tugs helping the Ever Given to get free when it was trapped in the Suez Channel - now they can also assist virtually if it happens again

Seaspan Raven is one of four sisters operating in the Pacific North West

Our local tugboat Jeppe Jensen II is one of many Damen Stan Tug 1907 operating around the world.

Columbia is working in Genova

Finally Fleetmon Maximus, the largest of the new tugs, repainted and named in honor of our AIS partner Fleetmon :smiley:

48 Likes

Awesome Hendrik

Any news about release ?
and can we expect landable decks ? :slight_smile:
thanks for the hard work

Henrik today i flew past a pink ferry in the channel.
you know which one it is?
hope you can fix it.
1 Like

looks a bit like the DFDS Princes or King Seaways to me.

2 Likes