Global AI Ship Traffic V2 native version and Great Lakes

That was a “cool” idea… It took 12 seconds to find the drawings… It is officially on the list but first in a follow up package.

USCGC HEALY SCIENCE (arcus.org)

Current position on Fleetmon.com:

Vessel USCGC HEALY (Ice breaker) IMO 9083380, MMSI 303902000 (fleetmon.com)

9 Likes

I was flying over the Firth of Clyde the other day and spotted something down on the water. Flew in close and saw it was a RN submarine. Buzzed it a few times and then went off my way. It was pretty neat. Love this mod!

1 Like

First test with the new file: Washington State Ferries Chimacum, Tacoma and Tokitae waiting in the early morning at Winslow

18 Likes

Further South at Bremerton Walla Walla and Kaleetan waiting

13 Likes

And to the North the BC Ferries… Will have to go back when the sun is coming up.

15 Likes

Suez Channel

What is that bridge doing there???

16 Likes

13 Likes

Ships mored on the Mississippi River south of New Orleans

13 Likes

12 Likes

so there will all stuff from real life? i was in clinic couple a days with broken(something like sshl) ear. but just formally. in clinic i was for eat and sleep, but other time i walked backyard and watch at haifa bay. there was all day all night so many ships and ferries and boats… i start counting 30 just in my sector of view… in game i see something like that in hong kong scenery probably but don’t sure. hope your addon will close to same picture i saw… thank you for stuff you do, guys

1 Like

Haifa in the sim with Live GAIST - get better soon :smiley:

4 Likes

Istanbul - live weather and shipping

10 Likes

oh yeah. that’s looks close:)

1 Like

You are taking some things WAY too seriously :smile:

Also… while you’re at it… Please consider the USCG cutter Polar Star. That one goes to Antarctica :slight_smile:
Both leave out of Seattle.

What I count is 2158 BGL-files in V2. With all the extensions of ships (and requests) it will be more and more and/or bigger. Ok, we have the opportunity to exclude regions, but still, we have too much to read by our systems/cpu’s.
Would there be a way to merge those files into an ‘Injector’ with a specific range (like the latest FSLTL is handling the traffic) or in a VOR range of 125nm around the plane?
Flying in Western Europe doesn’t need all the other BGL’s, which now you can exclude of course, but with an OCI-type of installer you’re done in 1 BGL-file.
Maybe Kaiii is working on this?

Dividing GAIST into regions is probably not a bad idea. I can’t run the whole package in SU11, freezes on flight loading. But searching the folder I don’t see any .bgl files. I’m not skilled enough to divide the package into regions, so I’ll just wait for v3.

1 Like

Strongly agree

2 Likes

Yes. Loading shipping regions according to global player position would seem to be ideal.

I think injected AIG traffic works that way also.

1 Like