Global AI Ship Traffic V3 native version and Great Lakes

Release… :smiley:

The new version of the BGL based Global AI Ship Traffic - GAIST ULTRA V3 has been released today. The first place where you can find it is on flyawaysimulation.com

It does come up at the moment with an old title “600+ ships…” which is a bit misleading as the new version has close to 1800 different ships based on close to 900 unique models… But if you scroll down a bit you will find the right heading Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS - GAIST Ultra Version 3 and a download link 2.1 GB.

600+ AI Ships, Boats & Global Traffic for MSFS (flyawaysimulation.com)

This version includes both new ships and routes, but most importantly it has the routes divided into geographical regions, so that you only need to install the routes for the area where you actually fly. The package has been prepared with the coming real time version in mind, so some additional ships - eg some tugs - are in the package but not put on routes.

43 Likes

Thank you for your continued work on this great add-on! It’s definitely one of the essentials when you love to fly near the oceans, as I do

4 Likes

Wow, you sure you didn’t slip and put the decimal point in the wrong place?? :rofl:

Well done on the release. I will give it a spin when it gets to fs.to? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s just the zipped download size. Uncompressed/installed it’s 14 GB!

1 Like

Hehe OK! Hmmm I’ll have to have a clear out of my main disk then!

2 Likes

Remember to remove any eventual old versions… But at least you’ll get around 1800 different ships so it is cheap for a bit of storage space.

2 Likes

i sure there answer in description if read all on the site, but:) for lazy idiots like me, do i need all folders or gaist-ultra-v3 include all another?
i found it:) now for same eyes blinking guys like me… we need gaist-ultra-v3 and one or more than one regions wherever we flight… but better read original text on site there not much lol

1 Like

ships and effects are in gaist-ultra-V3 and the traffic files in the different other folders but everything is included in the same download.

1 Like

copy, i found on site:) i see that optimization from 17gb to 14 that’s cool for speed i guess.

1 Like

Do we need to remove the gaist-us-lakes folder as well as the old GAIST beta folder?

2 Likes

Thank everyone who participates in this great project and “Free” and wish them a Happy New Year.
Henrik Nielsen .Models and textures by Erwin Welker, Jean-Pierre Fillion, Knud Kristoffersen, Martin Rueedi, Larry Robinson, Dexter, Milton Shupe, Manfred Siedler, Bernardo Barroso, Paul Donnelly, Finn Kristoffer, Didier ‘‘Lagaffe’’ Puentes, Andrew Thomsen, Kevair, Robystar, Antonio Diaz, Sebastien Viale, Alberto Garcia, Cxema, Pascal Dumat, Rick Keller, Lazarus Starkweather, Dave Garwood, Darren Lane, Jan de Jong, Henrik Nielsen, and more

11 Likes

Does this replace the Great Lakes strand-alone package too? Ta.

2 Likes

No you can leave the GAIST-US-Lakes folder - it is a separate add on which will have to be there as long as the altitude bug for AI ships is not resolved by Asobo.

6 Likes

Ian from flyawaysimulation has corrected the misleading heading on the download page so it is now correct Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS: GAIST Version 3 and here is the link:

AI Ships, Boats & Global Traffic for MSFS (flyawaysimulation.com)

Nice… Are AIDA ships included in the meantime?

1 Like

Fun!

I’m sure it’s been asked a thousand times, but looking in Little Nav Map, is there a way to tell if the particular AI ship is from the stock sim vs. GAIST?

2 Likes

Oddly satisying to watch :laughing:

2 Likes

I kept all the regions in the community folder and have had no loading problems and have switched between regions without restarting the sim. The only flaw I noticed was a ship in New York harbor that kept spinning slowly in the same spot. Other than that marine traffic is simply awesome, and I am seeing so many boats I never saw before. The night lighting on the ships is a huge plus. I thank you, Kali and whoever else participated with the development of GAIST. I can tell much love went into it.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. TFFJ wouldn’t load. Had to restart the sim and it loaded fine. Any idea what’s up with that? It’s only happened once so far and I have been switching from region to region. Maybe it was a fluke. Still very happy with this.

1 Like

yes, all my ships are called AI_XXXXXXX - the stock ships does not use the prefix AI_

And no, I didn’t get that question before and it is a good question - and the ship you found is mine and sim name is AI_Torm_Almena and here a link to her page on fleetmon.com

Vessel TORM ALMENA (Chemical Tanker) IMO 9465980, MMSI 219415000 (fleetmon.com)

2 Likes

They will come in another round. Of new cruise ships we added three types of cruise ships from Royal Caribbean cruises, three from Norwegian Cruise Line, and two models from Windstar Cruises. That adds to the ships already included from Carnival Cruise Lines, MSC, P&O, National Geographic, Compagnie du Ponant and others… The below screenshot is from a real time test over Miami

7 Likes