Global AI Ship Traffic V2 native version and Great Lakes

The Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS GAIST Ultra V3 is now also available on simviation.com

MSFS 2020 > Scenery > Page 1 (simviation.com)

5 Likes

Yes thatā€™s correct, freezes were accumulating. When you suggest cleaning the cache manually how do I do that?

I really donā€™t understand the intention of having less traffic files. When I fly I like to switch between regions. So I have to exit the simulator and switch Gaist regions depending on where I want to start every time now.

Anyways itā€™s still a great mod and I will continue to use it. Thanks.

Congratulations on the release! Unfortunately iā€™m also getting those freezes and sadly i will have to revert back to the ā€œotherā€ paid option.

Iā€™m paranoid of those freezes hence they really ruined my whole experience in the sim back when they used to happen with the A32NX. So theyā€™re not strangers to me at all and when they happen i now run in the other direction :frowning:

Have you tried disabling rolling cache?

Will do and report back. But they used to happen without cache in the past.

how many of the route packs did you install?

All of them. Iā€™m aware that you recommend installing only the routes in the areas i fly in, but iā€™m also one of those people who has no idea where to fly when i launch the sim.

Not making it easy i know :frowning:

I wish Addon linker has the ability to change things on the fly when the sim is open, but to my knowledge it has no effect once the sim is loadedā€¦

ok, that is the thing then - because the solution is really to reduce the number of bgls, so this is why we divided in sub sceneries to give the option to only have part installed.

Iā€™ll remove Africa and Australia and will try without those.

The count of bgls in each is

Africa 91
Asia 276
Australia 76
EU Est 568
Mediterranean 265
Indian Ocean 113
Latin America 241
North America and Caribbean 467

That gives an idea of which packages have the biggest impact.

8 Likes

Thank you very much for that.

1 Like

How much more than in v2 is this? I never had any issue with having installed everything and as ScarStitches, i often do not now which part of the world I am going to fly in, so selecting bgls before starting the sim is not really convenient to me neitherā€¦

1 Like

I never have the rolling cache enabled and still have the freeze with all the regions included. I am experimenting with the regions I fly most and leaving the other ones out.

2 Likes

I just installed the latest package, all of it, and MS loaded in 1m 23s from start to opening screen. Unfortunately I do not see very many ships in the English channel or New Zealand is this normal. Not many means about 8 to 10.

1 Like

I have not updated to the latest version, but in the previous version I would consider 8 to 10 in the English Chanel as normal.

1 Like

I also only see 2 ships in the whole of Rotterdam harborā€¦ Should be a bit more IRL :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the kind of project that suit the upcoming freeware category in the Marketplace extremely well.

1 Like

That BGL count is why Iā€™m keeping V2 for a long time. I donā€™t like Injectors and I just need reasonably realistic ship traffic, which V2 delivers. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for your replies.

1 Like

Focus has been on splitting and introducing ship classes missing eg. more fishing boats and ferries, so you wonā€™t notice a big jump in traffic, but once the Real Time version comes there will be a huge difference due to the additional ship types. In terms of bgl count approx 120-130.

Same as above; I actually didnā€™t increase traffic at Rotterdam, though the Dutch coast did get some fishing boatsā€¦

And this is how Rotterdam will look with real time

12 Likes