Glowing Aircraft and Objects - Outline around aircraft or objects

After the last update I started seeing this issue where there is an outline between everything in the sim and the sky. It is driving me mad and looks terrible.

1 Like

I agree. In most of life a silver lining is a good thing, but in a sim it destroys realism. I have noticed this bug before, especially around clouds and distant mountains. But now it seems to be around aircraft as well. Very strange.

And here is mine…

The “Halo Effect” is reminiscent of doing a cut-out in Photoshop, putting the object on an alternate background, and then not blending/blurring the edges of about 1 to 2 pixels depth.

1 Like

Noticed this problem with trees against cloudy background. Comments on an AVSIM post I made on this issue indicate this problem also affects objects like buildings and aircraft.

To the moderators: yes I had searched for possible threads about this topic…but with sometimes 100’s of responses to a search, and the fact that rarely do each of us use identical terms to describe an issue, I find search to not be terribly helpful.

Click on the image to enlarge for better view of the problem.

I have another image, showing that this happens to all structures against a cloudy sky.

This video shows that the effect vanishes at night.

Well… Im not surprised! P3D has it and became worse when truesky was added…

Msfs have allways had it but became worse after this update…

Msfs uses inhouse game engine - which one is not specifies but seels like the fsx esp game engine is used once again but heavily optimized…

1 Like

Is Asobo looking at this issue?

3 Likes

Hi @omarsmak , liked your previous comment on updates; however I wished Asobo could dedicate more time on sim updates, on issues like this or the flight dynamics and sim performance…how could we draw their attention on these issues? Greetings

1 Like

Hello ASOBO, PLEASE fix this issue, please concentrate on sim updates; we love, you love world updates and they are great, but the sim updates are not that great.

1 Like

I guess I flew over a damaged nuclear power station. I’m glowing now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

May be your graphic settings in MSFS are different from display settings?
When I change the MSFS resolution I can obtain the same effect! Greetings

Hey mate! Nice to see you here :wink:
Honestly, I have been always a fanboy of MSFS and Asobo and I have been always defending them. However, this is now from them is getting ridiculous on breaking stuff almost on every update! They started with that Bing CTD, now these clouds issues, the airport light issue or the flap change issue. I mean like literally, very simple Q&A, we would have avoided these issues. Okay I understand, Q&A can’t cover everything in the sim, then really enable the Beta track instead.
It is really annoying Jorg and Asobo, we gotta pressure them in the next dev Q&A straight, this is getting unacceptable and tiring.

3 Likes

I’ve been seeing this for several updates now. Including on things like cockpit yokes inside the cockpit. But I am so exhausted with trying to report various issues that I had no energy left to report this one, and I’ve just chalked it up to the visuals degrading as more poorly tested changes are made.

1 Like

I absolutely agree with you! Same here, I have always been a fanboy of MSFS and ASOBO, defending them and I feel that we have to somehow reach out to them. It is fantastic that they listen to the community but they have to somehow set their own priorities. I just feel that the aspect “sim updates” is just coming short in favor of “world updates”, which of course needs resource, these in turn are missing for “sim updates”. We really gotta pressure them - as you said - during the next Q&A. Greetings

1 Like

They tell us they listen to us because that’s what we want to hear.
However, they don’t do much with what the community reports.
They will hear us only when the number of people logged on to the server will start to drop drastically. These numbers are us and us are dollars.
Nothing speaks and attracts better attention than money.

No submissions or votes are taken into account, maybe they will sometimes take a peek. they follow their plan and they don’t give a ■■■■ about our suggestions!

6 Likes

Thx. Not Really. The same. This happens since I upgraded to world update 3.

just glad it’s nothing I did after making some changes!
I only get it in poor visibility.

I’ve noticed a lot of artifacts post-UK update. They’re usually on poles and buildings, but I see them in many other places such as in shadows from time to time as well too. Here’s an example of what I’m talking about:

Annoying! I refuse to believe that asobo has not seen this. How does something like that get through quality control? Are they asleep?

3 Likes