Glowing Aircraft and Objects - Outline around aircraft or objects

I too have voted here. But for me, the graphics definitely runs much smoother than before. I am very happy about the better graphics performance. I think ASOBO will get the story with the glow under control. There are plenty of pictures here.

1 Like

It’s my impression the plan is set in stone, but at the same time they were instructed to “interact with the community”. So they have to somehow interact with “the community” and make them feel heard but at the same time ignore them because they already have a plan.

“the community” = paying customers, by the way.

1 Like

So can we expect at hotfix then? Don’t hold your breath…

Between this and the taxi-light nightmare, it’s really hard to enjoy this sim night or day. What in the world is going on over there? I’ve been pretty patient and sympathetic with these teething problems. Now I’m just annoyed.

3 Likes

What Quality Control? We’re the quality control- and only the issues that get enough noise on here get investigated. I’m pretty much at my limit in terms of frustration with this nonsense.

4 Likes

I never even noticed I’m getting this issue until I read this post. While I can see the glowing outline on an object. I only see it once or twice like on the light pole at the liverpool airport. And even so, I have to squint my eyes to actually notice it.

On any other objects, I can’t seem to notice the glowing outline, other than the occassional ones around the light pole.

Maybe it’s because I set everything to Ultra, with no motion blur, and at 2160p 100% render scale. And that made the pixels on the outline to be thin enough to make it not noticeable.

ASOBO is going to have their hands full for a while. there is a lot of serious work yet to do and as has been noted, some of that work comes as a result of the little errors that occur as they release these updates and new scenery files. They ARE aware of it. And yes we paid full price for something we all knew was a work in progress. Crying over it now is disingenuous.
here is a short vid that highlights a few of these ‘setbacks’ but that also shows what an inspiring simulation this is, despite those setbacks and challenges.
Microsoft Flight Simulator: short hop CAG3 - CAF4 - YouTube

1 Like

This is happening around trees too. Very annoying!

Yep, I have caught this also.

LouP

yep around trees, especially if the tree is up against overcast skies

same here…

Same. I thought I did something in my settings but it appears to be related to the last update.

I only get it when the sky is the background, looking down it disappears.

same problem here too

Noticed this earlier while at Woss checking out the storm over northwest US and Canada.
Looked like all the trees were ghosting or glowing.
First thought was maybe MSAA/MFAA or something along those lines.

finding the silhouette edges…
Edge-Aware Shaders for Real-Time Computer Graphics - GTC 2012 (gputechconf.com)

You’re running 4K, so it’s probably harder to see. I believe the issue is a fixed # of pixels wide, so more pixels on-screen means the issue gets reduced in size.

I hate to complain, but…

And to add: this effect is nothing new either. Has been there since day one of the sim. Can mostly be observed with other, fast-moving aircraft.

glowing trees i saw already in fsx,shame it returns here.
i still do enjoy the sim very much, despite all the issues, but i am afraid if they go on like this, keep on breaking stuff every update, quite a few of the casual gamers will leave.
and that is not a good thing.