GNS 430 / 530 knobs bind with animation/sound?

Anyone know way to bind knobs in GNS 430/530 in way that it will trigger animation and sound (so knob in sim will turn and click)?
I know that this bind for example changes value, but not turn knob or click.
AS530_RightLargeKnob_Rightt

I tried to look for something in config files or model behavior but couldn’t find anything useful

1 Like

I’ve yet to find a way to get this working. Sending SimConnect events from external hardware / software will change the values as if you’re using knobs in the virtual cockpit, but doesn’t animate them nor call up the associated sounds.

I couldn’t find, let me know if you find something :slight_smile:

If you’re looking to bind to hardware, you’re out of luck, unless Asobo do something about it.

In my case, I’m using Air Manager, so I can play a sound so at least I hear my click or turn has been registered.

I was wondering too why switch does animate with sound but not these rotaries.

With this and so many other issues, it’s pretty obvious this sim wasn’t built with the thought that people would be using external hardware. The intent was always that it would be used with a HOTAS or Xbox controller and mouse.

Switches in the cockpit rely on sim variables to show their state. So activating an external switch flips that var in the sim, which causes the switch in the virtual cockpit to flip as well. They work with external hardware by accident, not by design.

It’s a different mechanism altogether to animate rotary controls. That mechanism doesn’t exist in the sim.

1 Like