GNS530 comms

Anyone know how to sync the comms in the GNS530 to the audio panels? When I change the freq’s on the audio panel it doesn’t reflect in the GNS. I am sure it is simple, I just haven’t figured it out yet. Thanks in advance.

I don‘t know what aircraft you use but normally (in the real world) they are COM1 and COM2 as well as NAV1 and NAV2, with 1 being part of the GPS device. They wouldn‘t be interchangeable. Not sure how it works in this sim atm though.

It might help if you tell us which plane you are flying. The 530 would typically be COM1, and another device, such as the 430, would be COM2. On the audio panel, again it depends per plane, should have some buttons to enable/disable audio for both COM, and NAV. Ensure that any volume control here is rotated fully clockwise.

Do you mean you just don’t hear ATC when they are talking to you?

Sorry guys, more info. I am flying the Carenado PA44. It has an audio panel and the GNS. When I change the freq on the comm2 of the audio panel, the freq on the GNS does not change and visa versa.

Ah, I think I see what you mean. So the 530, like I said is COM1/NAV1, and the panel to its right is COM2/NAV2. Changing one does not reflect in the other, they are separate.

If you want to change the frequencies on the GNS530, you must change them on the GNS530 itself.

1 Like

Hi there,
Since this is about the Carenado PA-44, I have moved this to Third Party Addons > Aircraft.

1 Like

Thanks guys.

1 Like