PMS50 GNS530 mod

Have you tried with just the GNS530 and no G3000?

I have. See above.

I emptied my community folder except for the GNS mod and it’s working properly now. I’ll have to go through the mods one by one to see where the clash is. I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Not noticed this before .

After landing, GNS530 is flashing between two different data displays.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O6Jv7j-PLFbQZO9kN21GFJ2NTd-g9i3P/view?usp=sharing

Flight plan was loaded:

fpl1.pln (2.2 KB)

Minor detail:

The other unexpected thing I noticed, is with the messaging.
As soon as the plane passed on fix on the arrival, it announced the next fix, way before it got there. Not sure how Real World that is ? seems a little premature to announce arrival at the fix, as soon as leaving the last one. - especially of the message system even got “Audio Announcements” incorporated.

The next fix is announced if you are less than 3nm from it.

2 Likes

Just got the Piper Arrow III from JustFlight and really love to use it with the mod.
I noticed a tiny detail, not sure if it’s somehow to fix in the mod (since I guess JF won’t bother fixing it for a mod).

The frame of the GPS hides a few pixels of the display of the GNS530:

And the GNS430 as well:

Not a big deal, but if you have an easy idea how to modify the bounding area or something like that in the mod, I’d be happy to try it out :slight_smile:

The size of the screen is in the panel.cfg file. You could try playing with that a little.
On their end, I think they’d have to resize the surface they’d declare for $vcockpit whatever it is for the GNS display to get it all the way inside the bezel.

1 Like

Thanks, will give it a try. :slight_smile:
I guess with the default GNS displays which they account for, there was much more room around the edges which is why they chose to cut off the excess pixels.

Please share if you find a fix. (just installed the Arrow)

Might sound dumb but how do I put on the 530 in the new Arrow by JF?

The electronic tablet that has all the settings. Or you could read the manual that came with it.

yeah, I got the 530 on the panel, just can’t switch it on. I turn the squelch button, and the buttons become backlit, but the garmin doesn’t go onimage

1 Like

I believe you push one of the knobs to turn it on?

I pressed everything :(. I am fully updated and guy in post above got it on. Weird

Are you using the G530 mod? Did you update it like you were supposed to?

yeah downloaded latest version like an hour ago. Tested in Mooney and Cessna and works fine

Is there an Avionics master switch?

no, each device needs to be turned on individually

Well I’m out of ideas. Unless you’ve got some conflicting mods somewhere. What happens if you take out all mods except the 530 mod?

You probably ran into the Known Issue that was introduced in yesterday’s update.
Sometimes you start cold&dark and some or all of the PFDs/MFDs simply stay dark. Happens with the G1000 aircraft as well.

Only known solution is to restart the flight from main menu.

Usually with the battery switches the Garmin should turn on and initialize, there’s nothing else to do on the PA-28R to see the GNS come to life.