PMS50 GNS530 mod

The newest GitHub version of the GNS530 mod is running.

Ah and now I know where the problem is!
The GNS530 mod is not supporting high resolutions, and the Carenado radio panel has a resolution of 1024 x 1024.

This is the modified Seneca panel config:

[VCockpit01]
size_mm = 320,234
pixel_size = 320,234 // Resolution lowered from 1024x1024
texture = $AS530_Screen
htmlgauge00 = NavSystems/GPS/AS530/AS530.html, 0, 0, 320,234

Now the GNS530 looks flawless again.
But if you would make it available for higher resolutions the visuals of the screen GUI can be enhanced :wink:

4 Likes

Well spotted! :+1:

I wonder if the 530 can be made to work with different resolutions dynamically?

Hmmmm I could test it… maybe it will still look flawless on 512 x 512 which is not that bad for such a tiny screen :slight_smile:

That will be fine if ETE will work correctly, finally…

No, the ideal resolution must be exact the X Y coordinates size of the instrument.

Otherwise there are visual disturbances like this:

Only when matching XY size and resolution the exact same way everything is fine and looks perfect without having any values and numbers stretched.

The correct values for the two GPS in the Seneca panel.cfg are:

[VCockpit01]
size_mm = 320,234
pixel_size = 320,234
texture = $AS530_Screen
htmlgauge00 = NavSystems/GPS/AS530/AS530.html, 0, 0, 320,234

//--------------------------------------------------------
[VCockpit02]
size_mm = 350,190
pixel_size = 350,190
texture = $AS430_Screen_2
htmlgauge00 = NavSystems/GPS/AS430/AS430.html?Index=2, 0, 0, 350, 190

The GNS530 is made for a 320X234 resolution and the original Seneca panel.cfg is correct.
I don’t know where you get 1024 X 1024.

1 Like

Possibly a modded file?

I am using the GNS530 with the PMS50 mod … when I select an ILS approach and transition, and subsequently activate it, it seems to go ‘direct to’ the FAF not the IAF. I have to manually add ‘direct to’ the IAF to be able to fly the ILS …

For example I just flew to KDET ILS 33, and selected transition OBZOF (which is the IAF). GPS took me straight to GOMAC whcih is the FAF.

This behaviour seems wrong, or at least different to G1000nxi.

The standard Asobo Rnav processing is ■■■■■. The WT G1000nxi has this corrected for the G1000nxi.

Until Asobo fixes it, or update to the new WT FP processing, some Rnav approaches will mess up with the standard Asobo GPS systems.

Rnav 01 @ KDCA is one I know for sure will work correctly with the current Asobo Rnav processing.

I assume, like so many others, KDET does not.

This was an ILS not an RNAV (the RNAV I tried worked okay, but maybe I just got lucky.)

I noted the same issue on the PMS GTN750. I can live with it until the WTT becomes the mainline.

Extra question: If I direct-to the IAF, will the GPS sequence the waypoints properly thereafter?

It is confusing – at least it is to me - maybe because I do not follow every post on the subject.

If WT is now going to be talking over the Development of Garmin systems (For MSFS 2020) ,and even AP system in MSFS - it would be helpful if there was some official Plan laid out, describing exactly what is being done , and by who, and what the ultimate goal is, as far as standardization in MSFS.

Asobo - WT - PMS50 - (TDS, RXP etc and Others TBD) - how is this all Planned to come together into one standard system, going forward, as standard in MSFS.

I realize that future plans may change, and that’s fine, but at least give a clear outline of the direction that things are currently planned to go, and the update that information as things change.

A descriptive Plan, that the average Flight Simmer / Gamer can understand :wink:

1 Like

I don’t use the 750 but isn’t there two versions if your plane supports it, one with WT support and one without? The one with WT support I believe requires that you also have the WT G1000nxi from the marketplace installed.

Anyway, that’s more of a topic for the GTN750 thread and not here.

I prefer the 530 because I have it hooked up to physical buttons and knobs using Mobiflight. The screen on the 750 is much better than the 530 though.

Agree. I use the class Echo and the touchscreen of the 750 is not supported. It’s much easier for me to control the 530/430 combo with the external class echo.

I wish there was a Garmin with the user interface of the 530 but the screen resolution and colour depth of the 750!

There is the GTN650 but it has the form factor of the GNS430.

I would still take that over the GNS530.

I stick with the GTN750 when I can.

I am not a big fan of touchscreens in real aircraft (turbulence makes them annoying to use.) … And in MSFS touch screens don’t work when popped out to another screen :frowning:

1 Like

Exactly. In fact, I hate touchscreen GPS’s in light single engine planes. Using knobs is sooooo much easier when you’re flying.

1 Like

@ FlyingsCool5650

:slight_smile:

really? Try change your 5 char next nav fix with knob or via touch screen :wink: You have of course some other options with knobs like nearest and quick select but after you’ve set that I can set maybe 5 of them. This is also big advantage of that touch screens, especially in bussy flight and atc need manage outside traffic flow.

I have tried many times to use a touch screen while flying in bumpy air. It’s awful. I hit the wrong place all the time. “Noooo! I didn’t want to go to that screen!” “Grrrrr”.

I’m much faster with a 530 when I’m flying.
I’m usually flying alone, or with someone who’s totally unfamiliar with avionics.