PMS50 GNS530 mod

Are you sure about this method?
I myself directly working with the sources and .git into the Community directory. I must do that because I can change the source and test it on the fly without having to restart fs2020.
I can then use releases to provide zip files as @CmdrDeadman suggested.
I’m not sure many people will use git to install community extensions.

If it’s working for you like this, then MSFS doesn’t care about the .git folder, so that’s fine then.

Yes MSFS takes care about manifest.json and layout.json and then all the files referenced inside layout.json but nothing else.

2 Likes

In that case, it might make sense for other developers to adopt this method instead, with all required files, and folders at the root of the repository, and not a sub-folder.

Here’s all I have noticed so far, other than the things others have mentioned and are already fixed, which is awesome!!

When on the Direct To page I have some random digits to the right that rapidly flicker. Here you can see the digits to right of the LUSEE fix.

2 Likes

That flickering on certain pages, usually when entering an ICAO happens on the non-modded 530. In fact, it appears on the G1000 as well, so I guess there is an underlying cause of this that is common to both.

1 Like

I’ve already identified (and corrected) the reason of flickering in the nearest airport page: There are some missing image files not delivered by MSFS. These small images represent the airport’s type.
Probably it’s the same behavior here.
Will check and come back with further information.

5 Likes

Thanks for the Mod, sorted some flickering I was having ! I’ve been finding the Garmin animations keep freezing when I try and select an airport from the nearest page. Not a mod issue but seems to be something from the latest patch. Anyone else had this ?

Works fine on my side. Do you have the exact procedure to reproduce your issue?

I was right, there was some incorrect image paths and missing image files. I will post soon a new version of GNS530 MOD that solves this issue.

Both integrated into next update of GNS530 MOD coming soon.

7 Likes

Thanks for doing this, having a functioning 530 has made things much better for flying those aircraft. One of these days I’m going to dig into this stuff so I can contribute myself.

Hey !
In your description it says : Better DirectTo management and possibility to Direct to an approach icao waypoint. So I launched the mooney and loaded an approach into the GPS and activated it. I then go the FPL page and scrol down to one of the waypoint on that approach and press the direct to button but then the direct to page is blank I have to re type the waypoint name… i thought your mod would fix that? Am i doing something wrong ?

To do a “direct to” to a flight plan waypoint press the direcTo button, then press the knob to activate the cursor, go to the FPL field and then with the knob you can select a waypoint of the flight plan. Don’t forget to activate it. This is the way GNS530 works. There is no possibility to make a directo on the way you tried or this is not described in the official documentation.
Before my MOD this selection was only providing enroute waypoints and not approach waypoints. Now also approach waypoints (only these with valid icao) are proposed.
Now from the flight plan view you can activate a leg to the selected waypoint by using the menu button.

1 Like

Thanks! It works. I was doing it wrong then.

Just one more thing, when i load an approach without activating it the magenta line between the departure and arrival airport disappear on the nav page. Is that normal?

cheers

Should not. This is another bug of MSFS. I note that in my todo list for checking when I have time.
Thanks for your feedback.

For your information, a new version of GNS530 MOD should be released today.

1 Like

thanks a lot ! very good job !

New release v1.0.2 Available at: https://pms50.com/fs2020/gns530/pms50-gns530.zip

Change log:

• LOC/VOR correctly displayed in the VOR field following the captured frequency

• Setting 4 levels of declutter as the original GNS530

• Adding the range and declutter level in the NAV map (left bottom corner)

• Adding missing symbol files associated to waypoint, airports, etc…

• No more flicking pages (I hope)

• The NAV/COM page now works

7 Likes

This is actually a bit I was trying to investigate today to do my own fix on.
I knew I have seen “Direct-To” working slightly different somewhere.
Check this out:

01:05:47 - 01:07:50

Tested this myself in the GNS530 trainer and it works as advertised.

@ScorpionFilm422 As you seem to be doing great job on GNS530, I’ll focus on fixing autopilot VS behavior in M20R - the second thing that bothers me greatly in my beloved Mooney :slight_smile:

Ok. If it’s like this in real life, I probably can do it.
Now some flight plan waypoints will not be available for a direct TO if they are not official icao waypoints (ex user waypoints). Will check that.
Thanks for the information.

1 Like