PMS50 GNS530 mod

That makes me feel a lot better !!! I am not the only “Comma Challenged” Mod user …

I had to ask @ScorpionFilm422 for help … now I have paid it forward …

2 Likes

After more testing its not related to the navigraph navdata and any other aircraft I have. Also its seems like when it cant find a waypoint that should be there, it crashes. One I found was RODEP (near Berlin, Germany). Selecting this waypoint will result in a crash of the avionic.

I though the GNS530 MOD dealt with “invalid waypoints” starting a few versions ago ??

I have no idea. Since I am not a modder. Just want to help here. And yes I made sure to run the latest version.
If I use the mod, RODEP wont be identified (like country, coordinates etc.) and after pressing ENT it ‘crashes’. Using default avionics RODEP is no problem anymore.

Well, with such a specific identified example , @ScorpionFilm422 should have little problem in sorting that one out … after Christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah no hurry :wink:
The last thing we need rn is stress ^^

Hello
I will help you but please read the “Bug reporting” chapter in the readme file or at the top of this topic.
Then give me the necessary information.
You can keep the Navigraph data for your tests.

Okey I feel stupid now. Only thing I changed after testing yesterday was reinstalling the navigraph database. Now when I start up the excat same scenario I can add RODEP to my FLP without issues. Since navigraph is an automatic installer I am quiet confused rn.

But just to make this complete, the scenario I used was always the C172 (with the GNS530 ofcourse) and a route from EKCH (Copenhagen) to EDDB (Berlin). I could put in RODEP as a direct or in a FLP and the result would be the same. Version is 1.0.22. Windows version is 1909. Route is: SIMEG8D SIMEG BALOX SALLO ARGAD KOGIM LABES MASOR UDAXI RODEP BEKBA KETAP KET25L.

If I wasted your time, I am sorry. I will do a test flight later and see if it will work this time for the whole route.

Since the latest FS update I always get a CTD when calling up the terrain page… all mods (G1000/3000/Gx/GNS) updated to latest versions… any ideas?
Doesn’t matter if a flightplan is loaded or not, I can just start the avionics, go to nav page 3 and get a CTD everytime.

Hello,
I will help you but please read the “Bug reporting” chapter in the readme file or at the top of this topic.
Then give me the necessary information.

Hey,
I did indeed do that.
I read the readme, de-and reinstalled the mod freshly downloaded from the permalink, restared sim and system, changed the weather and time and tried of different aircraft.

Therefore, all you need to do in my case is to start the avionics and rotate the small knob to access nav-subpage 3 (terrain). The sim sound will stop and the sim CTD’s.
I crashes regardless if a flightplan has been entered, or in which stage the flight is. As soon as this page is called, it’s an instant CTD.
I have the latest WT mods (3.4 or the G1000, G3000, CJ4 8.3, 0.1 dev 5 of the GX), a good bunch of airports, the Carenado Mooney and Seminole, the Iris Jabiru, Beta for the Milviz C310 (as I am in their Beta team), the C152X mod, the DA62X and DA40NGX mod as well as the Gotgravel Savage mod, all updated to the latest version.
With the G1000 equipped planes I have to issues- at least no CTD ones- the G3000 I didn’t test so far, same for the GX.
I will try to remove the WT mods and see if this changes anything, thereafter the aircraft mods… but my hope was you’d already had heard about this and had a clue.

Thank you if you can try without any other mod installed.
Could you give me the version displayed on the GNS530 when you start it?
I need also the aircraft type (I can test myself witth the carenado m20R or standard cessna 172)

He meant the bug reporting section, where he asks for specific information:
Which airplane?
What was your flight plan and where were you?
What version mod are you using?
Have you tried it with ALL mods removed from community folder?
If it happens with a specific mod installed, which mod is the interfering mod?

All of this information is extremely important to help him find the bug.
You still didn’t give him the information he asked for in your second response.

He’s doing this work for free. A little courtesy would be appreciated. I’m sure you didn’t mean to be discourteous, but, he really needs that information. He would not have released it if he knew about a bug like that and if you had read through the thread, no one else has reported your bug.

1 Like

I tried mine on my M20R, terrain page, and play around the GNS530, no problem from my side. Working well.

The Navigraph beta installer for MSFS doesn’t automatically update or even notify you when updates are available at this point. There were a bunch of revisions this month including a couple for CTD issues so that’s why removing and installing again likely fixed that issue.

3 Likes

Thanks. Good to know that.

1 Like

Ah well then thats that. Thank you for the information!

I’m currently rather busy family - wise, but could test yesterday with 3 mods removed (G3000, GX and the Milviz Beta) and was able to access the terrain page with no issue.
I will add one by one now and see what the culprit is - I suspect the 310 beta is faulty here.

Flew the Cannoball run yesterday, with the C172 Classic and the GNS530 Mod ( Not registered for event, so I could fly with the Mod)

Worked Flawlessly … and gave me about 23 hours to explore all its features, and get very familiar with it.

Missed a few functions that would have been nice … but they are not in the RW Garmin 530, so rightly, they were not in the MOD.

The ability to created a Modded flight plan is something like LNM, and then update the GPS’s collection of Flight Plans, WHILE FLYING, was amazing useful, as well as to load in a full FP at any time.

Hopefully, at some time in the future, the need to remove past waypoints from the FP can be eliminated…( if the turn around issue is better resolved)

Also, it seemed that if I was on a flight plan, and decided a temporary DIRECT-TO to a waypoint not in the FP, I lost the selected FP ?? !@!

Maybe that was just me, after 22 hours without sleep …

Also, if I added User WPs in LNM FP, they did not get into the GNS530’s dislayed FP.

I believe the RW GNS530 can have USER WAYPOINTS, so maybe this is something that can be looked at in 20201 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bug report - CTD

Before i used 1.0.11 and i never had any problems with mod. Today i have downloaded the new 1.0.22 mod and i have CTD problems. All flights are direct flights from EDCZ to EDNT, spawning on runway with engines running:

1. C172, live time and weather. Direct flight from EDCZ to EDNT. After take off and leveling off i put info vnav for my descent. CTD ~5 minutes after takeoff

2. Didn’t know if it was mod or sim issue i did everything the same as above. CTD ~5min after takeoff.

3. I have deleted the gns mod, so i was flying with the default gps. Everything was working fine.

4. I have reinstalled the 1.0.22 mod. Tried M20R, rest is the same as above. CTD ~5min after take off.

5. I was thinking that the problem was the vnav page so i didnt touch it this flight. M20R. CTD ~10min after take off.

6. I removed everything from my community folder. I left only the gns mod. M20R. I set the vnav page for descent. CTD ~5 min after take off.

7. I set clear sky weather, midday. M20R. I set the vnav page for descent. Everything was fine. No CTD.

So something with the weather i think.