PMS50 GNS530 mod

Play around it for a while to get the basics. Then start to plan your flight alongside FS2020 and you will understand it better. Took me a while but now I use it all the time. Next step is use LNM alongside Simbrief and all will come thogeter.

Speaking of SimBrief, it will also export plans that will crash the modded GNS530, with the same missing airport info. Wash through the next version of LNM if you want to import them that way.

ā€œNo Pain - No Gainā€ ā€“ LNM is a very Feature Full app, and you are not going to ā€œinstantlyā€ be able to use it to its full extent, without some significant time, reading and learning about itā€™s many features. ā€“ but when you do, itā€™s well worth the effort ā€”

Same goes for the GNS530 Mod

3 Likes

Is there a definitive list of aircraft that the GNS530 mod applies to?

Any plane that uses the built-in GNS530 which includes 3rd Party modules like the Carenado M20R and Seminole

1 Like

And the C172 Classic

1 Like

I donā€™t know all the planes that use the GNS530. Can you help a brother out?

I know the steam gauge 172 uses both the 530 and the 430, the Carenado Mooney and Seminole use a single 530, and some of the other default planes use 430s, but Iā€™m not sure which ones. Other than what I listed, Iā€™m unaware of any other planes, default or 3rd party that use the 530, but if Iā€™m wrong about that, please someone fill me in ASAP, as it will add some more aircraft to my 530 library.

I remember someone posting at least a partial list here some time ago, but I donā€™t feel like going through 1,800 posts just to find it, so if nobody has that information off the top of their head, I can take the task of cataloging all the FS2020 Premium Deluxe planes and noting what GPS panels they all have. I canā€™t code, but that may be one way I can contribute at least a little to this project, and then we can all have a complete list.

I will fly a G1000 aircraft if I have specific needs, like deicing capability, or in the case of some of my favorite b1rds like the Bonanza, but even WTs versions of that have stalled.

Itā€™s a HUGE ask, but maybe someone we know might want to tackle those, too? Just throwing it out thereā€¦ :wink:

Then again, Asobo themselves is supposed to have at least some improvements on the G1000/3000/5000 series stuff, but we wonā€™t know more about that until the patch hits in early March. Iā€™m not holding my breath on it being a huge change, but I would not be disappointed if it was! Iā€™m sure the WT folks wouldnā€™t mind, either, because it would then free up their resources to concentrate on the CJ4 (and whatever else they might have up their sleeve), and it would also save our ā€œotherā€ friend the hassle of even having to consider taking on that project.

1 Like

The problem is creating that definitive list - the GNS 430 and 530 are standard features in the sim and hugely popular in the real worlds so almost any 3rd party modules could use one or both and without being able to load the module and see itā€™s almost impossible to say for sure.

1 Like

BTW, this is an amazing addon. I really like having the loadable flight plans. Thank you for all your hard work.

3 Likes

@RealMatch, Iā€™m offering to go through all the Premium Deluxe planes and catalog them, not to go out and buy every addon airplane that exists! Iā€™ll comment on the ones I own and/or have knowledge of, but thatā€™s as far as I can go, unless someone wants to fund buying me every addon plane that is or ever will be available.

There is the Working Title G1000

Planes that use GNS530:
Cessna 172 SP
Carenado Mooney
Carenado Seminole
Soon to be released JustFLight Piper Arrow III, IV, and Turbo Arrow

GNS430:
Cessna 172 SP (edited)
Diamond DV20
Diamond DA40tdi
Robin Cap10
Soon to be released Carenado New Piper Arrow (double GNS430 stack and maybe GNS530)

1 Like

Donā€™t forget to add that the Cessna 172 SP also uses the GNS430 as well as the GNS530

2 Likes

Extra 330 and Pipestrelle Virus SW121 also have GNS430 plus the JF Pipers look to have an option to fit a 430 or 530 (or a GPS100 but I think thatā€™s just a skin on the standard functionality rather an entire custom unit)

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the display that the Extra uses on the upper half of itā€™s panel? A G3X?

1 Like

Itā€™s not touch so itā€™s not a G3X.
I think itā€™s meant to be G500/G600 but like the G1000 thereā€™s a huge amount of functionality missing if it is.

Yes.

While perhaps they are representing a different Garmin system, in the game the Extra E330 is using Asoboā€™s version of the G3X in the PFD and MFD. So the WorkingTitle G3X would be for this plane, and the others listed in the post I linked to below.

I went through all the panel.cfgā€™s and developed this list of what Asobo created here

The GNS530 is in the Cessna 172 Classic, Mooney, and Seminole.

The GNS430 is in the:
C172 Classic
E330 (lower screen)
DV20
CAP10
DA40tdi
Pipistrel (Lower Screen)

The Flightdesign CT and Icon are using some Aera system. There is a mod out there that replaces the Aera in the Icon with the G3X.

@ScorpionFilm422

I have a question about your mod.

When it comes to channel spacing, is there any way to have it save our preference? Every time I load in, my first task it to go set my radios to 25kHz. Is there was way to save this preference so this doesnā€™t need to be done every time?

I believe it does save the setting. I also use the GND530_Data_Mod, to hold flight plans etc, so that when the main GNS530_Mod is updated, I do not loose my flight plans.

However, the channel spacing and other parameters like North_UP are saved in a special MSFS file area, that survives re-starts, so it should be working.

Make sure you shut down MSFS correctly after changing any of theses ā€œto be savedā€ settings, If you just ā€œX outā€, MSFS may well not save settings correctly.

(but none of information about this special ā€œsaveā€ feature in MSFS, is documented yet in the SDK. I think it was the Fly_By_Wire guys that ā€œDiscovered itā€ !!! )

Anyway, it works for me, and mostly flying in the USA, I have it set to 25 KHz, to save a lot of Unnecessary Knob turning over unused Frequencies