Goes from 80-90 FPS taxing to 2-5 FPS/stutter fest EVERY TIME after hitting ~60 knots during take off sequence

I tried a clean reinstall, the problem is still there.

I have exactly the same problem 9700K 6900xt

Turning off photogrammetry does the trick, no more stuttering on takeoff or landings.

Same problem, did not exist before WU6. Definitely related to that and perhaps certain machine specsā€¦ many users reporting this issue. Unplayable for meā€¦ went from excellent frame rates before WU6 to unplayable on the ground.

1 Like

I should clarify, the stuttering is still there but itā€™s much less with photogrammetry turned off.

I am impressed! This has to be the highest FPS Iā€™ve seen reported in this forum.

I donā€™t know what would be causing your FPS drop. During takeoff (and landing) there is a shift of objects and terrain being generated from airport/ground to objects and terrain viewed at a height above ground. FPS changes accordingly. But I donā€™t think the FPS changes would be significant if the objects and terrain are cached. There may be graphics settings causing this especially because of recent updates and hot fixes. Others more knowledgeable about graphics settings might be able to help you.

did not fix it for me. Photogrammetry changes nothing for me, it stills goes to 10 FPS at best for several seconds making take off or landing impossibleā€¦ then quickly jumps to 100+ in my settingsā€¦ smooth like butter. Crazy.

1 Like

exactly the same here. Thanks.

Similar issue for me with Track IR freezes and stuttering then smooth as silk, lowered LOD to 160 and fiddled with other settings also. Happens whilst in the air and on the ground sometimes as much as 30 mins between the stutters/freezes.

I think you are correctā€¦ trying to find out what could be causing this. Very strange indeed. I am hoping someone chimes in that may have experience in this issue and how to resolve it. Tickets have been sent in, but may take a while to investigate.

Same with me. No stutters at all in the air

Turned off photogrammetry and no more stutters on ground.

You are not alone, I have exactly the same issue after the hotfix and I have tried everything.

1 Like

Yes, I have exhausted all my optionsā€¦ I hope they investigate this soon. Really miss playing MSFS.

Reinstall of Windows solved the problem for me.

I may have to do that or upgrade to Windows 11. It is however strange that the many users reporting this issue, did so after the WU6 update.
Stuttering problem - Bugs & Issues / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

i have exact same issue as you, major stuttors on the ground when taxing/taking off/landing. doesnt matter the plane/locationā€¦tried with community folder empta, same thingā€¦
rtx 3080ti

This was NOT solved in the last updateā€¦nor mentioned in fixes. This is just incredible to meā€¦

I tried and it worked for me, as soon as i turned Photogrammetry off i have no stutters while taxing/taking off/landingā€¦so for sure itā€™s a problem in-game and not or settings.

A mƭ tambiƩn me pasa. Es frustrante y quita las ganas de jugar. He probado muchas cosas, dentro de mis limitaciones de novato en el juego, pero nada ha funcionado.
La limitante estĆ” en el CPU como pude averiguar cuando pude ver el rendimiento.
Mi procesador es un AMD Ryzen 5 3600X y mi GPU una AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT