"GoFlight Products Now Compatible with FS 2020" - Really? - YES, kind of

Yes, I have been feeling it; how incredibly important I am to them :joy::joy:

July 2020…is the date of the email I got from them.

Seems to me, from this email and statements on Facebook, they had every intention of opening. Something must have happened to their plans. I just wish they’d put something out in public so we users could at least make some plans. I understand some have used SPADnext and others Polypot. I’ve looked at Polypot but the with the VA tax and the current exchange rate the cost gets up pretty high in US dollars. If anyone has used it I would appreciate you input.

I use their version for X-Plane and that works very well.
I have the following GoFlight moduls:

EFIS
MCP-PRO
2x GF-166
GF-46

With the Pollypot software they all work great in X-Plane.

Their FS2020 version has limited functionality due to FS2020 limitations. (The displays don’t work)

1 Like

Correction.
Displays do work. Just install the Goflight drivers.

I have not been able to get the displays to work, and do have the Goflight driver installed.

If they work for you, PLEASE, elaborate on how exactly you managed to do so. Goflight Config manager does not recognize FS2020, so it does not allow to point to that folder as FSX or FSX-SE.

The only thing i did was install “GFConfig_Setup_2_28_0”. After that run GFWindows8Fixer.

And ofcourse use the registered version of GIT

1 Like

Didn’t think about the GFWindows8Fixer.

Will give that one a try later tonight. (after work)

I am using 8 Goflight devices with Pollypot GIT. Works, but getting the displays to work is very delicate. My experience after several months is that you need to install the original Goflight drivers every time you change something on USB ports.

The devices need to be connected to a powered USB 2 hub. Preferably one device per hub. This is achieved by trial and error. Furthermore you need to disable Windows 10 Power Management for every device and hub it’s connected to. Even then, after changing hubs or ports the displays will stay dark again. The only solution to get them to work again will be by uninstalling and reinstalling the original Goflight drivers. Why? I don’t know. At first I thought I could fix it by running the Windows8Fixer.exe but that does not fix it. Only reinstalling the Goflight drivers gets them alive again.

1 Like

Well, THe GFWindows8fixer didn’t really do anything. I got the displays on the MCP to come on, but even though the numbers on the MCP change when rotating the buttons, it does not change anything in the sim.

I will go ahead and buy the GIT software, and see what that does. I use the X-Plane version, so should be able to get it set up properly.

1 Like

Go for the Git software, it works for me, but keep GF software on your rig.
MCP works (sort of) and LGT with lights but for EFIS not yet as I know. Just check Git forum how to!

Thanks,

I will go ahead and purchase GIT. Wish me luck, lol.

1 Like

Great.
You will love it, but be aware it needs a lot of searching for the right configuration.
I have a c152 operational for p8 &T8
Gf166, lgt and Mcp work out of the box

Good luck.

I purchased GIT yesterday and am trying to set it up but can’t seem to get the settings to reappear when I’m in the sim. Do I need anything else like the GF config program, FSX? Do you run GIT every time you run the sim and if so, which do you start first?

Yes, everytime you’ll have to start git.
First start Msfs, wait until the menu is there. Then start git.
In git you have to see 3 green “lights”

From their website:

Important Notice During this COVID-19 Pandemic

Hello to our amazing customers and fans. Do to the out break of the corona virus and a order form state government, executive order No.20-12, In compliance with this order. GoFlight has temporally closed its doors. We will continue to accept orders, but we will not ship until the executive order has been lifted.

PLEASE NOTE: While we are closed. A cancellation fee of 10% will be incur if an existing order is cancelled.

Neelixer. Thanks for your reply. Do I need anything else beside GIT like the GoFlight configuration app or files from other sources?

No, no other files needed.

The developer of git advises not to install the Goflight software.
stubborn as I am, I did install it.

Neelixer. Thanks again. From you knowledgeable replies, I assume you’ve got this working. I am able to set the switches and lights; the settings are saved in the proper folder;. However, when I start MSFS and then GIT, the controls don’t work. Any thought what’s happening and how to fix this?

Hi, what modules are you referring to?