Going from Xbox to PC tomorrow!

Yes! Finally going to PC tomorrow, my pc will be here tomorrow!!
What all should I do to prepare for the swap??
Your help will be an appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Move is pretty seamless. The thing is the PC gives you more freedom but with freedom comes responsibility. Make when you start installing 3rd party items using a different organized folder. I have folders for aircraft, airports, liveries, etc… I further break them down by area, libraries, developer, plane model, etc… Then make shortcuts for them using add-on linker. That same folder structure will show in add-on linker.

This will make your life much easier in the long run.

1 Like

Nice move, i did this myself this year.

Use the excellent Addons Linker app, and a good folder structure, this is a fantastic way to organise DLC and launch the program plus any additional apps needed like Airmanager if you go that way.

Be prepared to spend an awful long time fiddling with the settings to get the best performance balance out of your hardware, 3 months in and i’m still tweaking it up, its nothing like an x-box.

Have fun

2 Likes

Ok thank you, I will make sure that I do that.
Been a while that I’ve used a PC
Looking forward to the change.

That’s what I was reading about on getting the settings just right. It’ll be a fun challenge I guess. I hope it’s not too bad to have them like I want. Thank you.

1 Like

Oh, be careful of the Windows 22H2 update. I still can’t use it on my system without a massive performance hit.

Also plan an area or two that you can continuously benchmark your system as you install add-ons. Use the same plane with a GPS that can operate off a flight plan. You can easily start losing FPS with certain add-ons.