Good Multi Engine To Learn On

To the best of my understanding, the ability to feather a prop isn’t modelled in the sim atm. If someone knows different, then by all means please correct me.

Understood. Thanks, I’ve listed it as a bug on the Baron but of course I haven’t spent much time flying many other twin props. Thanks.

I believe they got the default Caravan with ability to feather now. I am not sure since I don’t really fly any default stuff anymore. But I do know you can now feather Islander and MilViz Porter for sure! There MAY be some others I am forgetting.

1 Like

It is actually. Both the C208, and the BN2 Islander can feather their props now. The axis doesn’t support it sadly, so you have to use other tricks to get it to work. Either using the mouse to pull the lever(s) all the way aft, or use keyboard/SimConnect events to decrement the prop angle. I forget the wording of the commands, but it does work. I’m not sure how accurate this is but it takes around 12 seconds to transition into feathered.

Prop lever fully forward:

Fully after, and feathered:

Caravan fully forward:

It took around 17 seconds to rotate into feather:

1 Like

I don’t think TBM feathers, or King Air, do they? I don’t really fly them anymore… though I logged hundreds of hours on TBM

Deleted by user.

Yeah, I wasn’t referring to the real aircraft, I know very well that they have feathering. MilViz’ excellent KA 350i for P3D also has it. I was simply referring to the Asobo versions. :wink:

I believe a few years ago a KA in Texas (?) suffered an engine failure on takeoff which resulted in a VMC roll and an accident with loss of life.

I believe the Seneca and P38 also have the ability to feather, but I have to go off review videos for now being on Xbox.

1 Like

Yes, the P-38 can feather the props at the pilots discretion, also during flight (in case you treated one of the engines so bad that it decides to quit on you).

There is one guarded flip switch per engine.

I don’t know why the axis doesn’t support the feathering in an Islander, I have around 800 hours in the Bongo Van from years ago and if you were not able to feather it with the prop, which we would check before takeoff, then we couldn’t take it up in the air without breaching the Civil Air Regulations requirements for serviceability of flight.

In the sim I mean, not the real aircraft. There is only one axis for Prop, and with my physical levers all the way back, the cockpit levers are not fully back. It’s like there is portion of the full axis unavailable.

If you use an external tool, like SPAD, to display the actual values you get from the virtual cockpit levers, you get one range of numbers for the but your can physically access, then if you use the mouse to fully retard the levers, an entirely different range appears, with entirely different, larger numbers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.