GPU usage telling me wrong information?

Yo,

Why is that when flying around in the sim that my GPU usage is only telling me 8% to a max of 10% and yet I can hear that the card is working hard with fans spinning and with FPS tab open saying that limited by the GPU.

When I open up OBS and have that running but not streaming GPU usage is then 100%

???

Why???

What was you using to measure the GPU usage? As for a while now task manager doesn’t show my correct GPU usage, when in the sim.

Windows Task Manager doesn’t really provide GPU usage as a whole and reports a smaller usage number when only running a game most of the time. The reason you most likely see it jump up when you run OBS is due to how task manager looks at 4 separate usages for the GPU (3D, Copy, Video Encode, and Video Decode).

It is probably much better to use some other software to monitor GPU usage. I usually use MSI Afterburner with RivaTuner Statistics Server, which works great for me. There are other options of course to monitor.

1 Like

yeah task manager.

Yeah task manager will show like 47% but afterburner or geforce experience will show the correct usage around 98 99%

see