GPU Utilization too high?

A quick win is to set your render scaling at 75% or50% while keeping the resolution native to the monitor. This gives much better visual results than changing resolution.

1 Like

Yeah I tried changing the resolution, it was no bueno.

2 Likes

I find DX 11 has a slight to quite noticeable performance gain over DX12 however whilst playing with settings DX12 seemed to be a little more tolerant to panning and suchlike. I may have imagined it but antialiasing seemed a little better too.

1 Like

I noticed that straight after the update but I think they did something serverside to smooth it out. DX12 certainly is very smooth in the beta.

I’ll have to give DX12 another shot and see what it looks like. Going to try my updated “High End” settings with DX11 first.

So just got done with a test flight with these settings. Really nice, smooth performance, great visuals. I get a more detailed view of the islands as I approach them, the clouds look awesome, which is really important to me for VFR flight in the Caribbean. I did get a bounce to 99% GPU utilization a few times, but nothing sustained, and none of the stuttering I was experiencing before.

In short I think I may have found the sweet spot for my system. I’m going to test it next flight with one small change, which is to try DX12 again. Other than that I’m really happy with what I have right now.

3 Likes

Not to hijack the thread, but I have the 497.09 drivers installed. I had one CTD, reverted to the older driver, then reverted back to the latest. One thing I did was Restore Defaults in the main 3D settings panel in NCP (not the game settings tab for MSFS202 in the NCP). This may be the reason why I don’t get the CTD’s, but who knows. Give it a try.

1 Like