GPU versus CPU load

Which setting(s) is/are used if you want to shift load from GPU to CPU?
Currently my GPU load (2080 ti 11Gb) is around 80% and CPU load (i9-9900K) is around 30%.

Most of my current display settings are ULTRA.

rgds
Søren

You can’t just change a setting to shift loads from a cpu to a gpu. The only thing you can do, since you’re allready on ultra, is to increase the resolution scale so the gpu will go to 100%. Though load on the cpu will prety much be the same. Fps will be slightly worse too.

Edit: read it wrong. You meant from gpu to cpu. You don’t want to do this. You want your gpu to be as close to 100% as possibble. Otherwise one of your other components is bottlenecking your gpu.

Cpu @ 100% in a game would be horrible

2 Likes

The whole point of a GPU in the first place is to take the load off the CPU.

Your graphics card is doing its job. Be happy. :relaxed:

Topic moved into #self-service:pc-hardware for further discussion and visibility.

The load you are quoting is likely the average load across all cores. If you use task manager and show logical processors on the performance tab, you’ll see a couple of those cores are doing the heavy lifting.

If one of those cores is maxed out, or you have some form of frame rate limiting applied, your GPU will end up being under utilised and run at less than 100%.

So I put it to you that it is likely your CPU, not your GPU, is currently limiting your FS2020 performance.

Hyper-threading will make the CPU load % far lower.

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback’s. The reason for asking was that when the GPU is running with a high load, it get hot (of course) and the fans really kick in making a lot of noise. I have to look at alternative solutions to reduce that noise.

Salem978: I have hyper-threading on - never turned it off.

rgds
Søren

Turning it off will increase the use percentage.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.