Graphics Settings i9-10900K & RTX 3090

Hi, you had a FPS improvement and lower the mainthread with this modification ? How much ?

I have also some weird glitchs at some places where it wasn’t before. Strange.

With a Ryzen 3700X, 32GB 3600.C16 and RTX 3080 FE, I set on Ultra and lower Terrain Details from 200 to 150 and supersampling texture on 4X4 (Not sure of the settings, translated from the ones I have, on my french interface). It’s the best compromise I found to see no difference between Ultra and these settings. I have a 35 Inches 3440*1440.

I run the game at max Ultra 3440x1440 with my 10900 + 2080 ti, I think you should be able to do the same in your resolution with 3090.

1 Like

I don’t know what my FPS are. I’ve never put that much thought into FPS with any flight simulator. If it appears smooth while I’m flying, with no stutters, I’m good with whatever that number may be.

Spikes are a bug from last patch that somehow went unnoticed in “testing”, despite the fact they’re pretty much everywhere.

You only have 2 options atm to deal with spikes:

1. Deal with them until the patch in 2 weeks
  2. There’s a mod on flightsim.to that will fix all the spikes globally. However you’ll have to remember to get rid of it before the next update.

Sorry that the setting suggestions didn’t help with the draw-in. The object LoD at 4.000000 should have done it. Obviously it didn’t.

Don’t be sorry! You’ve been a huge help. Thank you.

I had terrible draw-in and bad photogrammetry issues until I disabled my rolling cache and made the changes I listed.

One question though. You said you had disabled your rolling cache, but did you actually delete it as well? Maybe it’s not related, but doesn’t hurt to try. I honestly have very little faith in their systems to actually not use stuff already in the cache even though it’s disabled, just not adding new stuff into it. Call me paranoid, but having been a software developer since the mid 90s, when I see constant shoddy work, I expect more shoddy work.

I’ll make sure it’s deleted.

10900 and 3090 at 4K? Just max it all out, keep render scale at 100, TURN OFF VSYNC, and call it good.

There’s a tree mod that looks pretty good, costs about 2-10fps depending on situation.

Don’t expect much beyond 50-60fps. CPU’s just can’t do it yet.

I have implemented the Vegetation Draw Distance Fix. Is that the tree mod you’re referring to? I have VSYNC on. Can you clarify why it should be off?

You have a variable refresh rate monitor, with a variable refresh rate capable video card. V sync is of no use anymore when you have that combination.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.