Grass and trees look terrible

Microsoft Store version

Not in developer mode

Any location I have tried (screenshot from EPPB, Poland)

Just start at any location with grass and trees

i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz; 32Gb RAM; RTX3080

Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.21.18.0

Clobal settings to “Ultra”

IMO this may have somthing to do with scaling or possibly a filter, try again with default NVCP settings including your monitor’s resolution (with no resizing).

I reset NVCP to defaults, globally and for the app. The result now is that grass is still being rendered as triangles (see screenshot) and trees doesn’t get rendered at all (they where ugly rectangle sprites before the NVCP reset).

Thats deffo not how it looks like and should look like. Theres obviously something wrong. Doesnt look like this on my side and never seen something like this.

But no idea honestly what it could be. Also, the black squares are indicating you have a serious problem either hardware related or software, but something is broken.

I have reset all settings, both in FS2020 and in NVCP. Also set global settings in FS2020 to “Ultra”.
Tried a Repair

Nothing has helped so I am uninstalling / reinstalling now …

Toggle fullscreen / windowed mode and see if it helps? if not close the sim and delete UserCfg.opt. Next time you start MSFS will build a new one with default settings so check that the path to your packages hasn’t changed. Also you could try switching DX versions.

1 Like

I already uninstalled and I’m in the process of installing a fresh sim now. Thanks anyway.

I have a feeling that there is a problem with your GPU, this looks a bit like if it has problem to rendering correctly. Id check if your GPU drivers are correct and updated.

Otherwise i would say it could be that you have a defect on your GPU if nothing else helps.
Are you running DX11 or DX12? Try DX11

1 Like

I am running DX11

What Power supply do you have? Maybe too weak for your hardware?

I am running the latest Nvidia drivers (497.29) but I have no idea if it could be the culprit.

No, i dont think so in this case. Power supply?

Id try a reinstall, delete / turn off the rolling cache and deleting shader cache.
If you have an older GPU around, i would test with that if the reinstall does not help, im thinnk it could be a defect on your GPU or a too weak Power Supply.

Whats your power supply, like how many watts?

850W

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/RMx-Series/p/CP-9020180-NA

How do I delete the shader cache?

Okey, thats quite on the limit, depending on what other parts you have in there. A PSU calculator shows 91% load with only your GPU/CPU, without any starage devices, USB powered devices, Fans, RAM, etc… and this without any OC applied…

EDIT: sorry, i looked wrong. 850W should be enough, depending on what else you have in your system and your OC. 850W is the minimum tho, in the worst case you could hit a limit, but it should be enough.

Same for win11

1 Like

and beside of shadercache also check, in case you have nvidia geforce installed, that auto-optimization is NOT enabled.

I have now uninstalled/reinstalled MFS and problem appears to have been resolved.

2 Likes

Closing topic OP reporting issue solved.