Great (Sarcasm) CTD on Loading

So, just done the update and I get a CTD on the loading the sim, I know it’s to do with my community folder but I don’t know which addon it is, I have 114 folders in the community folder, I do not have the time to manual add them back 1 by 1 restarting the sim every time to see what causes the issues, past updates haven’t caused these issues.

Just foreshadowing Asobo, I am wanting this sim to be the future, it really has the potentially to be the future of flight simming (I’ve used every flight sim since FS98) BUT I am currently spending £100-£200 per month on the sim, by the time you update the sim late next year/2023, I like many others will have hundreds if not into into a thousand of addon’s, every time you update the sim, it’s impossible and unreasonable to expect us to compatibility test every addon every time a new update releases, quite frankly no one will have time to fly. Please find a way to allow updates with full community folders which has worked on every update bar this one.

Back to this update, can anyone suggest what I need to do to try and fix my CTD. I’m not meaning this as a rant just showing realities as there’s alot of us simmers with limited time on sim’s anyway because we have careers/families/other commitments and we don’t want to spend our limited time playing admin simulator

4 Likes

I was getting the same, I ended up finding that having the lorby’s axis and oh’s hooks folder in the community folder was causing the CTD’s for me. There may be others that cause CTD’s too but I have yet to isolate another.

Same here. Can’t check every one of them, but leaving the Community folder empty solves the problem.

I don’t have Axis and Oh’s but I just read it may be the CRJ because of WASM modules

1 Like

Sometimes it just takes removing the community folder prior to update then pasting the community folder after the update and restarting your PC.

1 Like

Oh thats interesting, I have the CRJ from the Marketplace so it is not in my community folder but in my Official content folder.

1 Like

Why do you think it’s logical to demand that Asobo make their program compatible with third party mods, and not the other way around?

5 Likes

Same here CTD all the time. My sim workijg properly. Now with the update I cant fly again

This error is showed in event viewer since update

this is the error in event viewer

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: FlightSimulator.exe, versión: 0.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x607064d1
Nombre del módulo con errores: VCRUNTIME140.dll, versión: 14.28.29231.0, marca de tiempo: 0x5f4c66c9
Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x00000000000012de
Identificador del proceso con errores: 0x2e80
Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d7309c2dc16c48
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.29231.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Identificador del informe: 5a572bd0-0343-498f-8956-08a6777113c1
Nombre completo del paquete con errores: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I get your point but, any flight sim, MSFS, X-Plane or P3D without 3rd party addons isn’t worth playing, it’s the addons that make any flight sim and Asobo will know this and also know this is what will keep money flowing in, it sounds like Asobo has changed base code that’s corrupted certain things but not given an indication too what, I (and like many others) have over 100 addon and personally with experience of prior sims I don’t think it’s reasonable to ask general users to compatibility test, especially the payware stuff, and possibly the popular freeware stuff.

Also, yes maybe I worded it strongly but no where did I demand anything, if you read between the lines I asked in future for Asobo to think how any base changes may affect 3rd party addons, whatever Asobo has done could be for the better of the sim but I would expect in the release notes or an official statement them saying, we have done X in this update and it could affect X types of addons

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s the CRJ as the sim loads with that installed. For me the Spad Next LVAR bridge was causing my MSFS to crash on loading.

Regarding 3rd party WASM’s, Axis and Ohs etc causing CTDs, I believe it’s already been reported and acknowledged by the dev team:

Moderation edit: Please refrain from posting NDA screenshots from closed parts of the forum.

Worse I read the issue was reported during beta testing but was never fixed.

1 Like

Hopefully they can fix it ASAP. If it was reported in Beta testing it’s fairly worrying, I get the flack they got after the last WU was delayed a few times, but I feel a delay would be better than having a big issue where it causes CTDs

1 Like

Instead of going one by one just categorize all addons as scenery/planes/ui/avionics/whatever and see where the issue is.

Here a quick method to find all affected modules:

Yes, it’s not the CRJ, because the problem doesn’t affect every WASM module, only Stand-Alone WASM modules, which are those that starts with the simulator. Gauges using WASM that are loaded with an airplane are unaffected.

They were looking for testers. They got’em…Testers reported errors…and…nothing. Awesome…

1 Like

Depends. This is an always online game that never existed before. It’s live service, constantly evolving, updated very often and data is streaming from AI datacenters to the game for a lot of it’s graphics. It’s in many aspects unlike any other game was before. It has predecessors and is in the genre of Flight Simulation. But it is many aspects a game that has never been done before.

If the addons are from the Marketplace and cause a crash, I would agree it’s Asobo’s problem.

If they come from elsewhere, it’s installing stuff at one’s own risk.

And a simmer with thousands of addons that has very limited time ? But they have time to go addon searching for thousands of addons ?
Pretty sure the really casual players with little time don’t even go addon hunting outside the stuff available ingame in the marketplace.

I might not be a long time Flight Sim player, but if >20 years of PC gaming with mods have told me a thing, it’s that one installs only those addons one really really needs and that one doesn’t update the game anymore once it’s set up and runs with the mods fine.

If it’s an online only game that has to be updated regularly ? Stay away from mods that are not absolutely essential.

When I got this program (MSFS), and realised this has tons of mods from everywhere, I though about it: is this the kind of game that will flawlessly always work fine with all kinds of mods from various sources that don’t get installed from inside the game itself and I decided: no, this most likely won’t be that kind of game. Then do I want to spend time maintaining the game system running apart from doing the updates ? No I don’t want to spend time doing that. So I stay away from mods from outside of the MSFS Marketplace if I can. I only have a couple of freeware planes and the NoHandleBar Mod installed. (and stuff from marketplace)

Haven’t had a single CTD in playing MSFS, btw.

1 Like

FSUIPC WASM and Mobiflight WASM both cause CTD at start-up…still checking other add-obs

Spad was crashing it for me, looked on there forum and they are aware of the problem

I agree about the marketplace, I would say it’s looking more like an accidental error has caused this issue rather than a deliberate code change that has messed things up and hopefully Asobo can fix this.

I disagree with casual comment, I may be unique in, I consider myself a hardcore simmer in terms of I max out addons/plan flights/use VATSIM oppose to jumping into a random scenario and messing about but I only have about 4-5 hours a week to complete flights, to me 4-5 hours a week is really limited because 5-10 years ago when I was in school I could afford to fly that a night, every night and 12+ hours at the weekend. And yes even though I have limited time I will probably have a thousand addons in a couple years because fortunately I’m in a fiscal position where I can afford to buy 2 new airports for every flight I do plus every new aircraft on release. and seen as I have 15+ years on flight sim I know where to go outside the marketplace, it takes 3 minutes to buy airports on Orbx Central/Contrail etc

1 Like