Greyed out weather

Hello !

The Update 1.13.16.0 greyed me out the actual weather !

And I can’t download the new SDK !

What should I do ?

Regards,
Marc

1 Like

It greyed out my weather on the quick menu, to fix it you have to go into option > data > multiplayer and turn this on. Then reload the game. After it starts working you can apparently turn multiplayer option back to off. I dont know why it works this way but it does/did.

1 Like

A lot of folks are reporting Online Functionality is turned OFF in the Data Menu. This is uncommanded. That’s a quick and easy check.

MODERATOR EDIT: This post merged into this topic.

Hello
I can no longer have the weather on the drop-down menu on the main window, the weather buttons are grayed out and inaccessible
auto_awesome

thank you for helping me cdt jjb

Hi @ScionTag6438735,
I’ve modified your title to help prevent some duplicate topics.
Thank you!

Same issue here. Weather system grayed out and not displaying in the in-flight menu.
Tried turning multi-player on and off, deleted rolling cache, reboot, etc…
Any fix for this?

Same here for weeks. I don’t use multiplayer but tries it once a few weeks ago and believe it is since then (with multiplayer off again since then).

So following the directions for other connectivity issues I fixed my problem.
Sign out of Xbox and the Microsoft store. Sign out of your computer. Sign back into your computer, sign in to Xbox. Your gamer tag should show in the upper right corner. Then sign in to the store. I had a popup stating that there was a discrepancy in the 2 sign ins. Choose the Xbox sign in when asked.
There was then a mandatory store update. Not sure if it was because of the changed signin or just an update. I started the game. Turned off live weather in the data page. Saved. Turned live weather back on. Saved. And now the weather is working normally again.
Hope this helps.
John

1 Like

I found the solution to my problem (live weather option greyed out on in flight tool bar - even on new flights) on the avsim forum.

For me this issue started when I tried Multiplayer (which I don’t usually do) and then turned multiplayer off again in the main (data) menu, as is my normal preference. Afterwards, live weather wasn’t working for me.

I am sharing it here in case it helps someone else. Apologies in advance if this has been posted previously.

Solution below:

"Had the same thing yesterday after I turned multiplayer on and flew around Detroit. Then I turned it off, and had no weather icon. After trying a lot of things, I did the following this morning, and I have the weather icon back.

1).Turned ON Live Multiplayer and Live Weather.

1. Set up an airport to depart from. On that screen, I clicked on ALL Players for multiplayer. Weather was set to live. Clicked on the Fly Button

2. Once at the airfield, clicked on FLY. Now I had the weather icon back. Opened it up, and set the weather to Clear Skies. Hit ESC and clicked on Restart at bottom menu. When at airfield again, weather icon was still there.

3. Exited flight, and clicked on General Options, Data, and turned Live Multiplayer OFF. Left Live Weather ON.

5). Weather icon is now working again."

Following the above steps fixed this issue for me.

Cheers.

5 Likes

That worked for me also. Thank you!

Finally after months

YOU’RE THE BEST

Thank you !!!

Thanks Chunk,
Love to change the weather and time of day as I fly!
FatAnt

1 Like

I have the same remaining issue after attempting all possible influences regarding multiplayer and weather in the options screens. I’m dissapointed also not receiving a reply on my requst for help on same issue via the support-tab(kind of FAQ section).

Hello , same problem on xbox,
Cant change weather day and type of multyplayer
I cannot click on flight condition section (top right of screen)
I would like to buy reno dlc but with this i will not , fix this!

Make sure you have multiplayer feature turned on in the game setup. If you turn off that in the PC version from time to time all that will be locked out. You might have to load the game make the change quit the game for it to work again…Hope it helps

General Options: Data: Turned on live weather and multiplayer. World Map, Flight Conditions: Multiplayer, Live Players is what screws up the weather, so select something else and you’ll see the weather options light up. THEN, weather will no longer be greyed out in the quick menu. Hope this helps - it worked for me after days of frustration. Good luck.

Hi there i solve the problem at least is working to me

1 options, data multiplayer set to on save and apply
2 enter in world map as you do to play any flight
3 right upper corner flight conditions click
4 set the option to multiplayer off
5 star any flight and look if the icon of weather is there again

I’m having problems on XBox since SU11 beta - I cannot select any custom or preset weather - even if I turn live weather off and have tried turning multiplayers on or off I don’t have multi player option anyway

Solved it by subscribing to multiplayer! This can’t be right!

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post was merged into the topic.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?no changes made

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

no mods used

Brief description of the issue:

Unable to customize the weather. It is all greyed out.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

i turned off the live weather.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

xbox X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: