Ground Behavior

It’s really TOO MUCH hard maintain the direction during Take Off Run and Landing.
(no P-Factor Reason, it happens also with A320 or CJ4 and others)

There is something wrong with directionality at ground.

Only if there’s crosswind. Without wind the jets are tracking the centerline nicely without any correction needed.

Flying the JF Arrow on a crosswind take off, I have noticed that as I approach my rotate speed the aircraft will sometimes shoot off to one side. I believe this is due to me over correcting for the crosswind. So with the wind on my right, I am turning in to that wind but perhaps too hard, increasing drag on the right wheel. The left wing lifts, and over I go.

I don’t think that this is your fault. The JF Arrow has a very strange yaw behavior (judging from youtube videos) and more important, crosswind and gusts simulation is borked.

A while ago I did a few xwnd (20-30kts no gusts) tests with the Longitude and the results were completely unpredictable.
Sometime the aircraft was behaving very predictable and it was very easy to maintain the centerline and in the next test with an identical setup the Longtitude was suddenly blown off the runway without any chance to correct.

1 Like