Ground crew marshaller lost his baton / wand

Lol same here… Don’t find many Indonesians flying MSFS in a market full of Europeans and US players.

This is a good solution :rofl:

Then the baton is in the left hand. There’s a few.

There’s also conductors that don’t use a baton. Valery Gergiev comes to mind. Although sometimes he does.

1 Like

If you look closely he is only holding his ‘thingy-whatsit’ with his thumb, his fingers are not wrapped around it!

He was destined to loose it. It’s probably been ingested as FOD into some poor turbine engine.

Charles.

It does seem like he’s imagining a baton :slight_smile:

But he’s really without it a lot of the time.

The stranger thing is that if he does use one, it’s half the regular size or even smaller. I guess he’s very confident :wink:

That’s a cigarette. He’s looking forward to his break.
If you’re looking very focussed you can see him waving a match with the other hand.

He does look like he could use a break :smiley:

Probably Mahler…

Ohh come on… give the guy a break… not every guy has a big stick…

Not to take this down another notch but…

“Son, what are you doing up in your room?”

“I’m practicing parking aircraft like that guy in flight simulator, Mom!”

2 Likes

Mines too :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

10/19/2021

SU#6 and still the Marshall has not found her Right Wand :-1:

su6-missing-right-wand

Console Log:
Node ‘Left_Hand’ has non-uniform scale with children, its children may behave/render incorrectly.
Node ‘Right_Hand’ has non-uniform scale with children, its children may behave/render incorrectly.

There are times when she looses both, and has both, depending on how close you are to her.

su6-missing-both-wand

2 Likes

While this doesn’t bother me, as I usually park somewhere else, it’s things like this that make me scratch my head. What were they messing around with to cause such an odd bug in something that has been working fine since day one??

I will say, that SU6 has been one of the best patches yet. I am very much looking forward to the bug only sim update as I believe a year in, the core sim should not be this unstable.

2 Likes

Maybe its a side effect of Asobo changing LODs in SU6.

Not the end of the world, to have a lost Baton, but a symptom of what else could of been affected, and not catered for.

Console error log would indicate it is an animation bug, but that could still be because of a LOD issue.

What is really strange, is that whatever it is, only affect ONE of the batons …
If one can work, what is different with the other, to stop it working.

It’s even worse at night, because the Lit baton does not appear till you get quite close … before, you could see both batons at night, even before making out the marshal.

1 Like

Ah blame the kids…

Here’s a new one…

2 Likes

It absolutely is. But it started with the LOD overhaul in SU5 - which broke a whole bunch of other things at the same time.

In Devmode there is a show lod option that may give more details?

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Would you please fix the marshaller and his one baton. It is driving me crazy.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Taxi to the marshaller

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: su 5

I confirm this bug is present after SU6.

Here is something that does not seem right about the Marshall (only noticed this since Su5 & Su6)

As you approach an airport, many miles out, the Marshall gets loaded, according top the Dev Console Log.

Why so far out ? LOD ?

Its not till you get very close to the airport, that say, the more relevant Windsock loads in (with spline errors !!).

Then, on the ground, with the Marshall in sight, as one move closer of further away, the Batons appear or do not appear, while the figure is still there.

Again, seems like a LOD issue ?

Asobo have changed the LOD system a lot recenty - maybe the Marshall is one object that is badly regressed after these LOD changes ??

It really is time to start addressing all the ERRORS (and Warnings) that are being logged in Dev Console - In an ideal world, all that should be there Status MESSAGES.

Still present in SU7. I know it’s far from being a priority but… Is it that hard to fix? :thinking:

2 Likes